New Guy with some ?'s

For a 600cc motor an accel fuel pump #74701 if i recall correct, and a BEGI FMU would do you fine in the pump and reg. department. Not sure about replacement injectors for those motors, but your not going to be pushing 300hp with a 600 anyway. My guess from the internals would say even with rods and pistons 250hp with a 600 would be pushing it.

-

Stage one?

Stage two?

That kind of stuff reminds me of the crap dynojet used to sell.

Stage one is what up to 8 psi?

Stage two is up to what?

So we are saying that I can effectively take a fuel injected 600 and put a FMU in it, tweak the power commander and it would be just fine with my turbo set up for say 6-8 pounds of boost?

Then if I want something with more boost, I need an aftermarket pump at the least and to find some injectors that are capable of the horsepower requirements at 70% duty cycle and if they are too big for off boost I need to have some kind of piggyback thing to run a secondary rail of them for boost only?

I hope Im not being a pain in the ass guys. I just want to get this FI thing right.

The plan is for me to take a 600 that Im rebuilding in my carbon fiber products and I want to toss the boost at it just for my own happiness. Its going to be mostly show but I will want to use it.

So instead of me reiventing the wheel and trying to make the thing a carb'd application..........I need to learn the tricks of the FI turbo trade.

So far its not too much more complicated I guess. Its a hell of a lot more expensive though.

So if any of what I just said makes sense, please let me know.

(xcitebike @ Sep. 15 2006,08:31) So we are saying that I can effectively take a fuel injected 600 and put a FMU in it, tweak the power commander and it would be just fine with my turbo set up for say 6-8 pounds of boost?

Then if I want something with more boost, I need an aftermarket pump at the least and to find some injectors that are capable of the horsepower requirements at 70% duty cycle and if they are too big for off boost I need to have some kind of piggyback thing to run a secondary rail of them for boost only?
You are correct! You can also put bigger injectors in with an FMU and start at a lower fuel pressure and it will be fine for higher boost levels. The problem you run into is when you run the lower boost levels then it is fatter then disired. But if your not looking to stage the boost it works just fine.

-

Back