New guy with new Busa saying hello and looking for some advice..

hifibob

Registered
Just bought a 09 Busa and unfortunately its cold as hell and I got all this time on my hand until spring.. Soooo, I started modding!! I'm a drag racer by heart so I stretched it and put a 240 on it. I also bought a RCC stage 1 kit w/ BOV. I want to just use the dumps but I live in a very quiet neighborhood and I'm thinking the dumps are too loud. At the same time I don’t want to run a full exhaust because it’s sexier w/o it. Any solutions? Has anybody used a slash cut pipe w/ baffle that helped tone it down a little? Thanks for any input this site is great...

Love the dumps, I would just ease out of the hood, at low RPMs they're gentle.

:welcome: to the site.

Good luck with the 'toning' dilemma...you'll get it right for you...as you experiment.

Would love to see which one you bought...

Pix?:beerchug:

You'll like it here. Plenty of opportunities to contribute and to benefit.

Welcome to the oRg, cant wait to see pics of that beast. Turbos dont sound too bad at an idle, till you get the rpms up, she should be quiet enough to get out of the neighborhood.

:welcome: to the board . . .:laugh:

Dump pipes seem to have a bad reputation among people who don't have them. Keep in mind that your turbocharger itself muffles noise somewhat, making turbo bikes with dump pipes not as loud as a sidewinder, or Brock pipe, or other loud four into ones that nobody ever seems to be concerned about when it comes to noise. There are a million Harleys out there that are much louder than turbos - they are probably the most annoying bikes on the road when it comes to sound.

The bottom line is this: a turbo bike with a dump pipe is not as loud as you think. Also, you can be as annoying as you want to sometimes with anything - its all in the wrist . . .:beerchug:

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I think I'll give the dumps a try, I was just a little nervous to commit to cutting the plastic. I'll give the pic attachment a try..

rims.jpg

my bike.jpg

Welcome. I don't know much 'bout pipes, but you look damn happy sitting on that thang.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can always get another set of panels and cut them or leave the original one off for a few days to see how you feel about the sound level. I have stage 1 as well and it is not really that loud at low rpm. :welcome::beerchug:

Good looking '09 you have there. Really like the PC forks. Post up so more pics in the General Bikes section when you can.

:welcome: to the fun train

You can always get another set of panels and cut them or leave the original one off for a few days to see how you feel about the sound level. I have stage 1 as well and it is not really that loud at low rpm. :welcome::beerchug:

This is true and it's probably what I'll do.. I drive it for a day or two with the plastic off..

Back