New Guy on the block

greengoblin#212

Registered

Well hello everyone my name is joe. I’m new to Hayabusa.org and to the Hayabusa however I’m not new to street bikes, dirt bikes, atvs and my drag car. My first street bike was a ninja 500 at the age of 14. I never stepped off of one until my boy was borne in 2004 when I sold my custom built R1. I keep my Honda atv just to kick around on but stated to get back in to racing as he got older. Well all I can say is I’m a guy it’s in my blood lol. A few of my good friends have bugged me to the point of no return. A while back I had some keys put in my hands and was told to take ride by a friend his 2 week old 1300.so I did. In a week in a half I pick mine 2003 1300 Hayabusa the bike has a stretched rear swing arm aftermarket pipe power commander air filter has custom paint New built motor with 2000miles on it. One of the shops I know did the motor and I have the paper work on the motor.

Being the new guy to a Hayabusa what will be some of the thing I will need to keep watch on with this bike?

487681777_img_4264pits-1.jpg

Riverside2010200371.jpg

488052920_img_545937.jpg

Only think to watch is the throttle : ) will get you in trouble every time...

:welcome: to the oRg. :thumbsup:

Second gear seems to be an issue you'll need to keep an eye on. It's not undercut.

joe, welcome to the party and enjoy your busa. great shots of the 4 wheeler's.:beerchug:
2nd gear can be a nuisance with an occasional mis shift but can be undercut to eliminate that if the problem persists. all in all, they are pretty rock solid in my opinion.

So the 03 im looking at should not have any shifting troubles then with it being a gen 1. I was not going to add this photo but I will be picking it up in middle of next week so here it is.

1393366890039_zps63eb8299.jpg

Good looking bike, they are saying that the GenI had issues with second gear, especially if abused. Most have the tranny undercut and that takes care of the issues. You should not have any problems with that 03. Just check everything over really well. The build only has 2000 miles on it and if they pulled the engine they should have given attention the tranny as well. Welcome Joe. :welcome:

ok I talked to the guy im getting it from today. He is a coworker He told me he has never had a shifting trouble with the bike. If i was to have the trans under cunder cut What is the $$$$ tag i will be looking at?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...over $1000 bucks...:banghead: i had my GSXR 750 under cut over ten years ago and i took the motor out of the frame and brought it to my machanic shop.

Welcome to the oRg Joe!! Nice Busa! I've got an '03, never had a single issue with shifting, so hopefully you'll find the same and hopefully the original owner took good care of her.

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Back