New guy just checking in

CobraChris

Registered
Whats up guys! I've lurked here for a while, but recently decided to join as I have decided it's about time to get back on a bike, and I want a Haybusa.

I've been riding on and off since I was 18, and have owned a few bikes, including a Honda Superhawk, a '01 F4i, and a '02 TL1000R. I sold the TL back in '05, and I've missed it since. Recently a buddy let me take his '04 Busa for a spin, and WOW. I thought my Vtwins were the kings of torque, but these things have it everywhere! So I decided I have to have one, and I'm going to try and pick one up before summer. I'm also looking foward to being able to outrun my Brotherinlaw again, who up until recently, had a Kawasaki 636, and I could outrun in my 10.0 second street car. But now he has stepped up to a modded ZX14, thats in the mid 9's, which is beyond the reach of my (street driven) Mustang. So with a 'Busa, I can level the playing field :thumbsup:

So Hello all! and sorry for the book :D

:welcome: to the org. Glad to have ya.

:welcome: Chris...glad to have you!!

You must post up pics of the toys you've had, plus the Mustang :D Got lots of Mustang owners here (myself included)... :thumbsup:

Any leads on a Busa yet?

Welcome... dont apologize for the book, keep writing cause we will keep reading..

Thanks everyone!

:welcome: Chris...glad to have you!!

You must post up pics of the toys you've had, plus the Mustang :D Got lots of Mustang owners here (myself included)... :thumbsup:

Any leads on a Busa yet?

Sadly, my hard drive crashed a couple of years ago, and took a bunch of memories with it, and I have very few bike pics, but I have plenty of my cars. Here are a few (I hope you guys like pics:D):

First is my '93 SSP coupe. Has a 352" small block (4.060 bore + 3.4 stroke in a R302 block) with AFR205 heads, a Hogan's intake, and a little nitrous. Runs 10.0's at 135mph.
DSCN4782-2.jpg

DSCN4795-3.jpg

SCAN0016-3.jpg

DSCN4866.jpg

Next is my '03 Cobra. Stock motor w/a ported blower, upper and lower pulley, solid axle, and some nitrous. made 612hp/701lbs tq, and ran some high 10's at about 130mph. Sadly, I sold it last summer :(
FFWspringbreak16002-1.jpg

FFWspringbreak16004.jpg

FFWspringbreak16011-2.jpg

And both of them together, along with my daily driver (Jeep JK sittin' stock on 33"s) and my truck ('01 F150 on 20"s and 36" Iroks) :)
DSCN4292.jpg

DSCN4295-1.jpg

DSCN42983-1.jpg

080918_190150.jpg

745342028_l.jpg

And I use my trucks:) I was a little stuck in this pic, broke my front driveshaft while trying to pull a boat out of lake Widowee without going to the boat ramp... Not my brightest move. But it was fun getting it out!
Aug13_0008.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!!!!! :thumbsup:

So, found any deals on Busas or are you thinking of getting a new one?

:welcome: to the .oRg As you can see from the prior replies we're very visual folks here, we really enjoy our pics. I would love to see a shot or two of the TL!

No bike yet, I've been browsing ads here and there, looking for deals. I want a genII bike, but I'm open to whatever. I've just always liked the looks of these things, I want a comfy, yet fast bike, and a ZX14 is out of the question due to the reason given in my opening post :)

Also, I'm going to be in the Florida State Fire College until July, so I'm in no hurry. If I find a deal before I get out of school, great! And I'll jump on it. But I'm also going to be living off of savings until then, so I don't know if buying before then would be the most finianically responsible thing to do, but whatever :)

I did find an ad on Cycletrader, a local dealer has a new '08 on the showroom floor for $8999 (http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2008-SUZUKI-Hayabusa-91870874). I called, but got no answers. Might ride over there this weekend :)

Last edited:
Back