Another New Guy

MPNRTR

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm 33 and just got my first bike, a 2012 Busa. I am new to riding and decided to get what I wanted, rather than a "learner bike." I did attend a two day safety course prior to getting my endorsement and I've been riding a little over a month now. I respect the machine as well as my limited abilities and am growing more into the bike every time I ride. I've been lurking on here as a guest recently, lots of good info and I look forward to becoming a regular. Thanks for looking.

Here it is, completely stock:

C98BEACC-B18C-44A3-AF49-74CA58E358CD-1022-0000009D4AB9332D.jpg

Welcome to the .org mate....and congrats on the purchase of your new busa! :beerchug:

Yeah, the busa ain't no "learner" bike, for sure....but if you keep your brain totally connected to your right wrist ALL the time, you'll do ok, maybe... :thumbsup:

Keep it fun,
bazman :)

Welcome to the org. Just be careful with your right wrist and practice practice practice all the stuff you learned in class. Anyone can go fast its the ability to react and stop that will save your life.

Welcome to the org! The Busa is def less forgiving than smaller bikes, but practice makes perfect, keep the shiny side up. :laugh:

It's not the bike but the brain behind the wrist that will keep you safe. Have fun and take it easy. I had a gap of 20 years in riding when I got mine. I truly enjoyed the "Discovery" period. You will find thet thet period never seems to end with the mighty BUSA!

Welcome!

Aside from the dangers of the speed it's more so the folks you'll be sharing the road with and your interaction with said people. It's the ability to react, adjust, foresee, and kept calm when these folks put your well being in jeopardy. Trust us, they will!
Be smart,
Be careful,
and mostly enjoy!
And as far as fast goes... Good choice on the black...don't want to really go over board and hop straight on a white one.... :laugh:

Congrats! Best of luck with her!! Glad to have you with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I appreciate the warm welcome and safety tips guys, means a lot. :D As for the color, I was sold on black until I walked into the dealership and saw the candy sonoma red in person. Man that's a fine bike also. But, end the end I obviously went back to the black. Thanks again.

Welcome... Alot of bike for a noobie, but long as you never forget what (she) is, she should not have to remind (you) what you are...
(she is the baddest bike on the road able to jump out from under you in a second and able to get to triple digits so fast you wont remember how you got there)
(you are a new rider... and held together with Skin...)

Back