New Gixxer 1000

All the liter bikes already have excessive power for public use. Most folks can't manage the power as is. I'm still on the 07 gixxer and that puppy easily overwhelms the tire either spinning the rear or lifting the front on most corner exits. To much power is the exact reason traction control is being introduced by many manufacturers. We don't see traction control on the smaller 600's or 750's.

How am I ever supposed to keep up with you and Greg if I can't out motor you guys down the straits? It's going to be even harder/impossible for me next year on my 600 lol. That'll be a learning expierience...

Of corse your totaly corect, liter bikes are a bit over the top for most folks. They sure are fun though...

I want 200hp, a turbo and no abs or TC so I can kill myself faster.
I'm an American and that's my right!

I'm no expert but the dude at the shop that rides a Duc was all excited about it.

I for one, like the look of the new GSXR1000. Better brakes, some chassis changes, little motor tweaking, and rid of those hideous dual mufflers of the past few years..
As for lack of ABS, that's $1000 (the price of the option on every bike that offers it) I'd never spend anyway. TC would be fun to say you have, but far from being a necessity IMO.
I'm waiting for the Roadracing World review and ride report. Power delivery, amount of power, suspension, general ride manners, ergos, etc.. are what I'm far more interested in than electronics.
I was ready to write the big GSXR off until I seen the '12 model. Still going to look long and hard at the Honda and Kawi offerings, but 'Zuk has got itself back on my scope again.:thumbsup:

Back