New Fuel Pump, Cheapest Place & Part Number.

FILT166

Registered
i am going to take my fuel pump out and clean it again but incase what's the part number and cheapest place to buy a new one at?
I know there's a pre filter but is there a post filter also?
Is it easy to clean or its a pain?

Sorry no but I have a question. My 06 has over 60,000 miles and I’ve never even seen my fuel pump or needed to. Why are you going to “clean it (again)”?

When I got the bike used, it sat for a year previously. We put fresh fuel in it and it wouldn’t go over 120mph, it would fall on its face around 110-120..
Well I knew that it was time to clean the tank, pump filters and injectors to see if that’s the problem.
Well 2nd injectors were clogged and wouldn’t flow any fuel.
Primary injectors were good, it seemed, but I cleaned them also.
The original owner never really rode it hard it seemed plus it sitting for a while.
I also took the pump assembly out of the tank. Well the pre screen looked like it was kinda clogged up.
I cleaned it by back flushing and just slowly washing the pre screen with fuel as it would slowly break the crystalization of the fuel off the screen till it looked clean enough.
Well there’s another filter inside the assembly and I don’t think it’s serviceable.
On a high speed run is the only time I would see anything, I don’t see anything now but I’d rather just clean it again or replace it as I know the screens may have minor clogging from sitting before.
I guess it’s just a piece of mind

Back