new conti road attacks my review

dentonbusa

Registered
with 1,500 miles on the rear so far their wearing great grip on the twisties is great and i love the tread design i will stick with these tires i also like how they have there name on the center of the tire also there rock soild at top speeds.

(dentonbusa @ Dec. 01 2006,19:48) with 1,500 miles on the rear so far their wearing great grip on the twisties is great and i love the tread design i will stick with these tires i also like how they have there name on the center of the tire also there rock soild at top speeds.
Cost please, and talk to me at 6K or 7K. Glad you like them so much. I've had Bridgestones from the factory and just installed a Metzler on the rear. No complaints from wet to dry, cold to hot, twisties to pegged. Allergic to nails; damned nails.
mad.gif
poke.gif

cost you will be mad at me a friend works at suz and i don,t recall ever getting 6 or 7,000 miles out of my tires .

(dentonbusa @ Dec. 01 2006,21:02) cost you will be mad at me a friend works at suz and i don,t recall ever getting 6 or 7,000 miles out of my tires .
Just got 6K out of factory rear Bridgestone. Granted this tire was used during the breakin phase, but the 1300 mile trip to W VA took a chunk out of the center tread and that's why it had to be replaced. I'm not a burnout or big wheelie guy, eventhough I would consider myself mildly aggressive. Weekly trips to the peg over the last several thousand miles.
I paid $ 200.00 for the tire at the stealership, plus $100.00 installation. Rim looks great no big complaints. Will try to plan better next time. I have someone who can get me the tires for $100.00 and another local with the tools that suppose to know what he's doing. Hoping to get as good a job for 1/3 the price. Still interested in your cost and if you know it what they would cost me. Thanks.
beerchug.gif

(dadofthree @ Dec. 02 2006,00:06)
(dentonbusa @ Dec. 01 2006,21:02) cost you will be mad at me a friend works at suz and i don,t recall ever getting 6 or 7,000 miles out of my tires .
Just got 6K out of factory rear Bridgestone. Granted this tire was used during the breakin phase, but the 1300 mile trip to W VA took a chunk out of the center tread and that's why it had to be replaced. I'm not a burnout or big wheelie guy, eventhough I would consider myself mildly aggressive. Weekly trips to the peg over the last several thousand miles.
I paid $ 200.00 for the tire at the stealership, plus $100.00 installation. Rim looks great no big complaints. Will try to plan better next time. I have someone who can get me the tires for $100.00 and another local with the tools that suppose to know what he's doing. Hoping to get as good a job for 1/3 the price. Still interested in your cost and if you know it what they would cost me. Thanks.
beerchug.gif
Hope you got a kiss after that...
SHOCKED.gif

Most I've SEEN that tire is $150, and my Suzuki dealership charged me $40 installation. Ouch!

I'm no expert on tire prices, but that seems pretty hight. Plus a dealership ripped you off for $100 for mounting. If your near a cycle gear, the generally have great prices on tires. They only charged me $15 to mount the tire on the rim. True you have to take your wheels off and take them in to get changed, but its way cheaper. Also there are tons of places on the net where you can get great tire deals.

Verify you're running Road Attacks. I'm running the Sport Attacks.

The road attacks are the sport touring tire while the sport attacks are the sport tire. I'm only asking because you mentioned they are grippy in corners.
wink.gif

yes there road attacks the rubber compound is harder in center then sides so i was told when purchased best of both worlds i got 3,500 miles out of factory bridgestones as far as cost they help me out have bought 3 bikes from them 01 929rr 04 zx12r 05 busa plus many parts going back for my sons bike soon crf 150

yes there road attacks the rubber compound is harder in center then sides so i was told when purchased best of both worlds i got 3,500 miles out of factory bridgestones as far as cost they help me out have bought 3 bikes from them 01 929rr 04 zx12r 05 busa plus many parts going back for my sons bike soon crf 150 i also change my own tires

Back