Continental Sport Attack

kairles

Donating Member
Registered
well its time to buy tires for the busa and I think I gonna get the Continental Sport Attack. also thinking about going with a 190/55 rear. All the reviews I've read say they are great tire. they don't have the milage of the road attacks but I dont ride as hard as some (got 6300 out of the stocks) so not really worried about milage.

so does anyone have any input on the sport attacks on a busa, or running the 190/55 rear?

The 190/55 is better for driving out of corners. Has a bigger contact patch on the side of the tire, while the 190/50 has a bigger contact patch in the center.

I ran the Sport Attacks before and had no problems with them. Took them to a couple trackdays, performed just fine.

i ran the sport attacks on my 05 busa there a great tire handles great also with no burnouts and riding fairly hard it lasted 3,500 miles.

is there a noticeable loss of stability(straight line) with the 190/55?
good question, I was wondering the same
I've raised the rear an inch and run the 55 profile, and my Busa is still very stable at high speed, acceleration, and hard braking. At Miller, I'd be up to 170+mph, then braking very hard for turn 1. No problems with stability here.

You might notice a lack of acceleration. This is due to the 55 profile being a taller tire. You gain some top speed, but lose some accel. Going up 1 tooth in the rear brings it back to stock performance.

got the sport attacks installed today. went with the 55 series rear, and the profile looks a lot different then 50 series.

contis10.jpg

Looks good,
thumb_up.gif
post a review after you log some miles. I'm having a hard time deciding on what to go with when I get a new set of tires.

Write up a review after you get a few miles on them. Im needing new rubber in the little Gixxer600. I just out a set of Pilot Powers on the Busa Saturday night

Back