New Busa Owner

Vstrom

Registered
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I bought an 07 Hayabusa last weekend, and I think I'm in love.
I have an 04 Vstrom 1000 and had an 05 FJR1300, but I just felt like I needed to go faster. I sold the FJR for $8000, and picked up the Busa for $9300, brand new.

I only have 400 miles on it so far, but I am really impressed with the power and handling . I am even getting used to the leaned over riding position. Not an easy task for a 53 year old dude.

One question, do these things have a loping idle, or should they idle smooth? Mine is fine as soon as it comes off idle, but it seems to idle a bit rough. Almost acts like the throttle bodies need synched.

Anywho nice forum
Fred
biggrin.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard & congrats! Please post up some pics of your scoot!

As for the rough idle, try bumping the idle speed up to 1100 - see if that helps. Syncing the tbodies could be next...
wink.gif

Welcome and congrats. The blue is an awesome color. And yes the idle will bounce just a little, it may need to be raised. You want it around 1200rpm.
beerchug.gif

(omslaw @ Sep. 26 2007,18:41) As for the rough idle, try bumping the idle speed up to 1100 - see if that helps.  Syncing the tbodies could be next...  
wink.gif
+1 and as for the Age thing, your NOT that Old
laugh.gif

OH YEAH,

Welcome aboard, man!

As mentioned, check your idle speed. Should be about 1100 to 1200, as I recall.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Welcome, and you got the fastest color! Had to throw that in. I agree with everyone else, my idle was rough too until I bumped it up.

"I bought an 07 Hayabusa last weekend, and I think I'm in love"
Don't let the wife or g/f  pick up on that, or you'll be sleeping in the garage with it.

"I only have 400 miles on it so far, but I am really impressed with the power and handling ."
I've only had mine 2 months. After I got a 1000 miles on it, a full throttle run thru 2nd and 3rd taught me what fast was.

One 53 yr old Fred to another, enjoy your new mistress!

smallwave.jpg

HI, & welcome. Im also new here,& have just bought a new 06 Busa, after trading in my 11 mth old Fireblade.. This thing kills the blade on top end! My only dislike is the loud knock when idling hot after a ride. O, by the way , I am 57 & still young..
beerchug.gif

They do need the idle set up a bit for cam oiling purpose but don't try to take camshaft timing events and valve overlap out with a bandaids like adding fuel to a Power Commander ect .

It's a Hot Rod engine
biggrin.gif

Nice choice in colors --- study nice bike so congrats
race.gif

to the board!
I'll be 50 next month and the Busa is a very comfortable ride. Especialy if your over 6 feet and have a couple of creaks and stiff spots.
biggrin.gif

I need to set the idle up on mine too. Idling at 1000 rpm now. Not hard to do I don't think, may have to take a side off but I seen a reference to idle setting in the owners manual.
Beautiful bike man, be prepared to draw a crowd just about everywhere you go..

Busa..__9_22_07_003__Medium_.jpg

hi and welcome. i am also new here and also ride a busa and v strom.i see you paid bout 65000 rand brand new.you lucky man.here in sunny south africa the price for a new k7 is bout 105 000 rand.youll make me imigrate to the states man!

Ive set my idling up to 1200,, Much better, dont hear the knock much now. I think its got to be pre-ignition...

Back