Hello everybody

xxxboatworks

Registered
Hello,
  I'm new to the board and have a question. Got a 06 Busa and it started a tapping/ticking sound around 2,500 miles during cold starts. Took it to the dealer and they adjusted my idle up to 1250 (it was at 1,000) and charged me 85 bucks to raise my idle. I have not had a chance to let it cool and re-check for the sound, but can't help but think I got ripped on the "1 hour of labor" to adjust the idle. What do you guys think? Thanks!!

<!--EDIT|xxxboatworks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152218731 -->

Sounds about right for the stealership!
wink.gif

Welcome to Hayabusa.org I hate to say it but yeah they saw you coming.

Congrats and welcome! You got ripped on that one, buddy! Adjusting the idle is about a 10 minute job if you go slowly. The stealership probably doesn't go so far as to break down their labor rates by the 1/4 hour though. And now that you're here we need pics!

Dood - you have been violated and left in the snow. For future reference:
There are two bolt heads at the front of your tank. Remove those and retain for re-installation. Remove the pilot's seat by removing two bolts just under the front of the seat (also, retain for future use). Under your hump there is a foot long (or so) rod that is bent all crazy (angled on one side with flattened nubs and "L" shaped on the other side) Place the "L" shape in the open stem nut hole and lift the front of the tank until you can rest it (through one of the bolt holes on the angled end, against the nubs). Standing on the right side of the scoot, look down at your throttle rocker assembly (with the cables) on the back of that, you will see a gold or tan colored screw - that is where you adjust your idle. 15 minutes for all, tops.

BTW - welcome! Now ----- PICS!
biggrin.gif

Yup, I think I got bent over on that deal. What really bothers me about it is that I'm pretty sure it sounds like the cam chain that's clanking around until it gets warm (which sounds like a normal sound after reading some posts here).

BigBSbusa,
  I've actually adjusted the idle a few times in the past on the busa....I was told the problem would be covered under warranty (which is why I took it to them) and then I get charged for the service. I'm not a cheap ass and don't mind paying for something....but this just did not sound right to me. I've been rising for a long time and have had a few 600's, a fzr1000 and a zx-11 in the past. I'll get some pics up soon.

<!--EDIT|xxxboatworks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152220493 -->

After going back to the dealership this morning with the same tapping/clanking noise, they finally offered a refund for thier 85 dollar idle adjustment. I got to work on posting some pics tonight

yes... pics please. Ur gonna love this site. I learned so much about my bike here that i will never bring my bike to the stealership( unless its drastic) U will meet alot of good people in here and clowns (you know who u are Yamahor) just try to stay away from those home made videos and you might keep your eyesight a little longer .
biggrin.gif

Here are some pics. I have a 1" drop in the front and about 2" in the rear. Chrome triple clamp , chrome clutch/brake caps, chrome bar ends and polished chain guard, adjustable side stand and billet grab handles. Also have a Gorilla alarm, DB windshield and the pilot powers should go on soon.

<!--EDIT|xxxboatworks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152820638 -->

3.jpg

Welcome to the org; nice Busa!

Sorry about the pricey dealership "work"; pretty pathetic of 'em...
mad.gif

nice... you'll like it here. This website rocks and the folks here are awesome

Welcome to the Org...

Back