New Busa Owner

PhantomX

Registered
Just thought I would drop a line and say hi and introduce myself. Just got a Red/Black 05 Busa on Saturday and am totally loving it, what a beast! I've been riding for almost 20 years on just about every kind of bike, this is my first bike with this kind of power though.

I have of course attached a picture of my new toy as to meet the newbie requirement
tounge.gif

I had some questions but I'm going to so some searches, the main one was about the 600 mile service, my buddy got his busa a week before me and he just had it done, cost him $200! That doesn't sound right to me to change the oil and tighten a few bolts. I've worked on bikes for a long time and that's just sounds crazy!

Busa.jpg

Very nice and welcome! Had mine done and it cost a little over $100. I have heard of some stealerships charging up to about $200 to do it though. Any ideas what your first mod will be? I've got an idea for you!
laugh.gif

Right now mods are on hold at least performance ones anyway. Still getting used to riding it. I do want to get rid of all the stupid warning stickers first then maybe some new Exhaust. I've heard of Carbon Fiber inserts where the plastic is right now, i'm thinkin that would look sharp! Going to start calling around to the dealerships for the first service, it's got about 400 miles on it right now.

Welcome to the board. I have the exact same bike as you! Congrats.

Now, 2 bills sounds very expensive to me. Over here is a liitle over $100.

BTW I love clearwater. Thinking about moving to Tarpon Springs when I retire in 2 years!

Welcome to the board. $200 does seem high (got mine done for $85 if I remember correctly) I guess locale could come into play though depending on where you are and going rates in the area.

Nice ride
biggrin.gif
... Welcome to the board.

I think $200 is way to high for the first service, considering that the only replacing that you are actually doing is just oil and the oil filter! I think you better look for a different dealership to service your bike IMO

Welcome to the board. You're on the right track with removing the warning stickers, just don't forget to also remove those reflectors.
smile.gif

Hey Phantom,

Nice bike, and welcome aboard. I am a newbie myself.

The amount of stuff you can learn from these guys is unbelievable.

My 600 mile checkup is next Tuesday 383.00 bucks..... And that was the cheapest one within 50 miles....

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS....YOU HAVE THE SAME BIKE AS I DO...WELLL......SORT OF....HERES MINE AFTER A FEW MODIFICATIONS....OHHH....THAT FIRST SERVICE COST ME $65.00 HERE IN ARKANSAS.......CONGRATS ON THE NEW BIKE....RED IS THE FASTEST COLOR YOU KNOW.?<span style='color:red'></span>

b1.JPG

Back