New Busa Owner

Nick6153

Registered
Hello Everyone!

I recently purchased an '09 Busa and I'm looking forward to being a part of the community here.

About me:

My name is Nick, and I'm currently living in Northern Virginia. I've been into anything mechanical as long as I can remember. I started out working on dirt bikes as a kid, then cars, then spent 5 years as a helicopter mechanic in the Marine Corps. I know my way around wrenches pretty well, but there's always something to be learned - and that's a big part of why I'm joining the site.

I've fixed up a few bikes over the last few years, and just decided to take the plunge into crotch rockets with a Busa. Aside from my Harley ('07 SuperGlide), this is the first fuel-injected one I've had to do work to. That being said, I'm sure there's a learning curve - I'm already seeing that.

About the bike:

As mentioned, I recently bought an '09 Busa. It's a little rough at the moment, but I'll get that taken care of in time. Right now it's mostly stock with the exception of a Two Brothers exhaust (single-side exit), a K&N filter, and supposedly flashed ECM. It does currently have a low RPM miss and a clutch noise I'm working on (I'll start threads on both of those), as well as some scuffed up/cracked skins....fixing it will undoubtedly be frustrating, but fun!

I look forward to chatting with you guys!

-Nick

Welcome to the board, and thank you for your service! Post up some pics when you get a chance.

welcome1.gif
Hi,,,glad you joined us...

Welcome aboard. There is plenty of info around here. Most issues have been discussed a lot, you just have to be prepare to do some reading to get the good info scattered in all the posts. Lol

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes.

The only pics I have so far is of the day I brought it home, still on the trailer. She's not much to look at at the moment, but we'll change that :)

IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG

The ol girl looks lonely on that trailer!
Welcome to the mighty Org!
Thank you for your service!

:welcome: to the board and congrats on the new to you ride :beerchug:

Back