New Busa owner - KC area

dashlock

Registered
Hey Busa owners. I finally get to join the club. I've been planning a Busa purchase for 3 years. Been off bikes for 12 years at wife's request until our son was mostly raised. Went through a couple of 1500cc Kaw Vulcans back then. Before that I usually had dirt bikes or dual sports.

Picked up a 2008, orange/black, only had 500 miles. Traveled down to Springfield MO to pick it up. I've added about 800 miles in the last few weeks.

Mods included when I bought it include Yoshimura R-22 slip-on exhaust, lowered, frame sliders, and a Dobeck EFI controller (manually controlled by turning 4 dials with a small screwdriver).

I've done 2 small mods since picking it up a few weeks ago. I raised the handlebars with Soupy's kit. I also picked up some LED lights that I'll use to light up the license plate when I eliminate the fender.

Wish list mods include the Buell pegs, a double bubble screen, throttlemeister, speedo healer, and heated riding clothes by fall. I would also like to figure out how to drop the rear pegs by more than a few inches. I've got a friend that can work with aluminum, so I might talk him into crafting something.

And of course I brought the pics.

busa1.jpg

busa2.jpg

busa3.jpg

Also, one more interesting story. I was at Donnell's (Suzuki dealer) yesterday getting 2 recalls done. I ran into a guy that was shopping for a Busa, plus he had a shirt on from the same place I work at. I had noticed another black/orange Busa at my work parking lot and it turns out it was his. He had just wrecked it a week ago, something about a semi merging, all he remembered was sliding. No bones broke but left leg bruised pretty bad. He had the right riding clothes on and it protected him. He is still limping and not sure he is quite ready to throw a leg over a bike. He is shopping for what will be his fourth Busa. So I'm anxious to see what shows up in the parking lot.

David

Welcome to the oRg, we have lots of good peeps up there in KC. You are also lucky enough to have Smithers Customs up there too. Glad you found us. :welcome:

:welcome: to the board and congrats to getting back on two wheels :beerchug:

Welcome, Congrats on the new Busa. Sounds like ya got a good one.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I would have settled on any color, but the black/orange was my favorite, and it looked good as new.

Took a 2 hour ride today on some great curvy roads. Route O north of Orrick, C-hwy north, D-hwy east, then back on 13 hwy.

Thanks for the welcomes!

:welcome: Nice to see more peeps from MO. I live in Springfield :welcome:

Ol Steve Smithers. My buddy bought his Koenig Kawi a few years back.
Good dude to know!

I assumed he traded up on the first two, wrecked his third one, and is now shopping for his fourth. But I'll see if I can get clarification. Just met him on Friday.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hey im from the kc area barry rd up by the airport... thats funny i called on the same bike before i bought mine.. same color same year

196514_10150208745161648_508396647_8990594_2046701_n.jpg

Back