New busa owner=dumb ?'s(dont be to rough on me)

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
Just got a used '05 w/2300 miles on it bone stock. got out of the car racing scene. basically scared shirtless of the thing right now. i guess thats ok, probably will keep me from hurting myself.
basically i'm more into the looks thing right now(not chrome though) how do you lower these things correctly? do you have to mod the kickstand? gettingundertail if it matters
i also want a little more sound from it. are slip ons ok for sound? which ones?
are there any cheap tricks to do to these things? like a cooler thermostat and what not?
sorry about all the dumbarss ?'s but im trying to learn something here.
1 more can you upshift without the clutch like on a 4-wheeler or will it hurt something? dont beat me too bad for the silly ?'s

Congrats and welcome to the madness! I must tell you that you have a lot of reading to do, bro! Is this your first bike or do you have other riding experience? You did ask a lot of questions, but complete answers won't be made in just a single post. Lowering the bike requires lowering links for the rear and a lowering triple tree or strap for the front. Kickstand mod is a needed mod to prevent the unwanted fallover. Undertail will make the rearend look much better. Sound can be added from slip-ons or a full system depends on how much you want to spend. There are lots of cheap things that can be done and yes you can upshift without the clutch.

Congrads and Welcome
beerchug.gif

As far as mods are concerned, the Sky is the limit (or money $$$$$$ ) with a Busa
cool.gif

Welcome to the board! Consider a MSF course. It will help you with the basics of controlling a motorcycle. The 'Busa is a very smooth bike to ride but if you are not careful she can bite you!

Click on the "Search" button on the top right of the screen to find any information you are looking for (and probably lots more than you might expect
smile.gif
).

i've rode tons of dirtbikes and friends streetbikes but never had 1. (you'll kill your fool self on that thing!!!) you know. thanks for the help though. sounds like i just need to sit here and surf for about 14 days. info overload. my brain hurts

14 days...Man theres years of info on this site...

Since all your questions have been answered I'll close with...WELCOME ABOARD...

Make youself a lot of bookmarks, so you don't have to go find a post again you like. I have a folder just for this site

basically scared shirtless of the thing right now. i guess thats ok, probably will keep me from hurting myself.

If you are referring to the Busa, get rid of it. You cant ride safely if you are scared of it.

That being said, Welcome aboard.........oh and...

worthless.gif

welocme!
for ideas on what can be done check out my links below, lots of info and if you got any Q's just hit me up!

Welcome, there is more info in here than you could ever digest, best suggestion is pick a mod you want to do, use the search tool at the top and take one thing at a time.... the first mod should be posting some pics followed by the all important kickstand mod....

Welcome! This site is a wealth of info. It will take you many hours to sift through it!!! Best of luck. Ride safe and most of all have fun.

b4 you ride I would really suggest a MSF course while you can get around you'll be surprised at how much you'll learn at them courses maybe enough to save your life, You don't need to be scared of the bike, Respect YES! Scaredness might keep you from enjoying it. Remember you control the throttle, the bike just does what input given to it by you, So enjoy the Busa and she'll treat you well imho

Lowering dog bones, Soupy on this site makes adjustable, other than that Streetntrack, and goldenchild both members can hook you up with them most have hole for standard height, 1 1/2 inch lower and 3 inch lower, if riding around town you need to get a top adjustible triple tree, straps are for track use only (1/4 mile) not good for running around town. and yes you'll have to get an adjustible kickstand to lower. slip ons will just give you sound maybe 1-2 hp gain full systems give more, but $$$ cause you'll need to get PCIII and map for full system. and remember this word Marble mod(search this site for it), cause if you don't do the pair valve blockoff you'll need to do that. or it will backfire. hope this helps

welcome to the board and congrats

Back