NEW BUSA DEVICE FOR QUALIFIED TESTERS

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
My company has developed a prototype of a revolutionary new Hayabusa-specific electronic performance device and we are about to go into limited production.

To reassure our investors that we have a winner here, we will need 10 volunteers to use the device at no charge for 6 months and report back on a very demanding schedule.

To determine who will be eligible to enter the preliminary long-list for eventual consideration as a medium, then short-medium, then medium-short, then short list contender, we will require complete disclosure of your riding, marital, financial, employment, travel, education, health, community service and criminal records.

As a token of your good faith, you will be required to complete and submit an application form detailing all of the above information, plus a photo of yourself and your daughters, if any, from five different angles, naked, plus a cashier's check for $500.

If you eventually qualify for preliminary consideration, you will be notified through a communications vehicle to be selected by a vote of a panel of your peers who have been duly selected and appointed to a Tester Approval Peer Panel Review Board.

If you wish to apply for consideration as a member of the Tester Approval Peer Panel Review Board, you must follow the following procedure, then follow up with the following information, following which you will be followed for a while.

For self-apparent reasons, the nature of the new device will be divulged only to those who successfully complete the above.

some people just can't let
things go..can they?

why can't you understand
what the guy is trying
to do for the busa?

damn! he said he would offer
them to the other members at
discounted price.

or are some of you going to
screw that up so he doesn't
want to even deal with this
site any longer?

sometimes people can be pushed
to far, and say the hell with it.

i don't think that is fair to
the ones who may be interested
in that discounted offer.

come on pete.
i know you can come up with
better topics than this one.

i know because i've read some
of them....frank

I just knew I'd suck you in with that topic name, Frank.

C'mon, lay off the lemon juice and have some fun.

TLR's not going to walk out with his device over a little joshin'. He said himself he enjoyed the insanity on the Playpen thread.

Have big glass of sparkly sweet happy juice Frank!

I know you can do fun posts, because I've read some of them...Peter

PS: I think you're cute even if you are kinda serious. Wanna join the Review board?

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 27 September 1999).]

Disclosure Form

Riding habits: Ride in the mountains at no more than four (4) times the posted speed limit, well maybe sometimes 5.

Marital = yes One in atlanta, one in Gainsville, one in, aaa hell you know how it is on a drunk

Financial: bought the abuser to keep out of the reach of the local friendly loan sharks
owe everybody, but they gotta ketch me first

Financial: bout coverd that

Travel: as fast as the abuser will go most of the time.

Education: smart enouph to own a busa

Health: great condition for 96

Comunity Service: they give me food stamps first of each month

Criminal record: Fellony recless driving speed in excess of 170 on my ZX11 (sorry thing wouldn't go any faster) Felony trespass
(riding across a farmers yard, eluding FC, 5 times.

Do I qualify do I huh Please Please Please

B. J.

Frank--relax no ones gonna take away your toy
Who built your motor because it obviously wasn't you?
And by the way S. Dynamics has a speedo fix already.
OOhhh Yeeaaa

[This message has been edited by ohyea (edited 28 September 1999).]

Hey ohyea or frank

Do you know how long the stock busa connecting rod is?

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 28 September 1999).]

63mm. rod length.

that's 5mm longer than the zx-12's rods.

now if you know anything about rod length,
you'll know that the zx-12 will never have
the capabilities that the busa will have.

i'm not on here as much as some of you
guys so i can't respond as fast.

i know ole "peter" has been waiting all day
for me to reply...well here i am...pops.

but i suppose he's out enjoying his nice
weather. or he's probably playing with his
children...yea!..i'm sure thats what he's doing.

i don't remember?..but did someone have
a problem with me going to recieve a
speedo deviece?

if they did, then if they can manage to ride
thier bike from all the tears from crying about it, then ride to my city and you can
have the damn thing!

oh, and hell no i didn't build my motor!
not when i have friends that have better
talent and the facilities to do the job.

i'm a racer...not a builder.
do you want to race?...if so, bring it on.
if not, lay down.......frank

Thanks, but isn't that the stroke? I was curious about the rod ratio, rod length/stroke. 63/63=1 usually I like to see 1.75 or higher (which would put the busa at over 110mm). Although I just built one that came out to 1.41. It's a pig and won't rev (also VERY hard on the piston). Makes a ton of torque though. Please, if you can find out I'd really appreciate it. Did your engine guy give you any longer rod combos as an option?

There is no shame in having some one build an engine for you. Every one has their strengths and weaknesses. The ability to recognize this is what makes you a better racer. I'm a better chassis guy than engine builder. I'm stranded in the middle of the ocean though, which means I end up having to do more with less. That's how I got into this business to begin with, A racer turned machine shop owner, and not the other way around.

Look Frank, nobody's here to do anything but share your dragging knowledge and hopefully some of your Busa personality too.

I have NOT been waiting in the weeds for you to post. But you're right, I'm "pops" to you. I was dragging and racing big bore bikes literally before you were born.

In the year of your birth, 1966, I was pulling mid twelves on a radical Norton 750 that I prepped personally...every inch of it. Not that this means I know any more than you...

Frank, we have at least one thing in common, and big time.

I'd have a beer with you any time.

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 28 September 1999).]

Well, your age is a tad worrisome BJ, but we'll just move the process right along so that if you are selected you can get the job done before you take The Big Dirt Nap.

There's our first candidate, and a high quality start I might add.

Here's your big chance to get in on the ground floor of this elite list, Frank.

Yeah!?!?! Well Pete I think both you and frank are full of crap!!! My buddy Lamont had the fastest drag bike. He was runnin 220hp on laughin gas till his motor blew up one of the rods went right up his ass. If you want Maui I can call the emergency room and see if one of the technicians will measure it for you once they extract it?

No ZX, I believe that's what they call an extruded rod. I want the stock length, or as an option, any length/stroke combo being used.

Pete, my dad used to have a couple of Nortons back in the late 60s and earley 70s , one them was a 1967 P11 and the other was a 1972 Commando 750 with the so-called combat engine [black cylinder] I remember that they didnt run all that great stock especially compared to my 72 H2 Kaw, but they are cool looking bikes. My question is how did you tune one into the 12s? Nitro , turbo, supercharger, what? What it streetable? Iam interested.

A 69-70 Comando would run 12.3 stock. So would a 69 350 Bridgestone-The Nortons ran great until they blew up. Nothing ran like a 69 H1-Kawasaki Mach 3.
ducmanic
Los Angeles

Ha ha, Pete!

Relax guys, I do have a sense of humour!

Just for the record, the only information we have asked from the testers was a mailing address, simply so we could send the unit to them (and only the eight people that were selected). And I can't forsee that we would need any personal information at all. We WILL send a questionaire to the testers, but expect the questions to be more along the lines of "Did you have any trouble installing the product?" and "Did your bike's battery catch on fire?" :)

Sorry I haven't been here at the forum more often, but we have been assembling the units for the Hayabusa guys, ready to ship on Friday.

Hey Pete... You seem to spend a lot of your time posting references to our product, would you like one to test?
Email me at;
http://www.ezy.net.au/~fastvid

Back