New brake pads

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Just put on new front brake pads. Niiiiiice. These are the EBC HH's. Pretty easy maintenance job, even easier than oil changes.

The brakes have a slight buzz to them while riding. Seems normal enough and best of all, they REALLY grab hard. I'm going to have to learn to do braking again.

--Wag--

i know what you mean about the buzzing-i dont hear much while riding tho, just when I clamp down???
n yeah, these things grab like R. Kelly on a Middleschool playground!
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
yea i hear the buzzing sound too... first i thought they were rubbing the rotor but i've had them on for about 3 hundred miles now and no discoloration of the rotor so all is good!

Yup, Good Pads. The noise settles down after just a little while.

Now upgrade to stainless lines if you haven't allready and REALLY have to re-learn how to stop a busa...

Rev, Already has the stainless lines. Good point, though. I've never ridden with the stock brake lines, this bike had the SS lines on it when I bought it.

Emptys, I just bought them from the local dealership.

--Wag--

Depends on how hard you ride, I just replaced my EBC HH pads and after 4000 miles I will need to replace before the seasons over.....But they stop quicker than any pad that I had on the bike...btw I only use the front brakes

Yeah, I got the buzzing noise too. Replaced the stock ones after 10,000 miles. Took CA 36 from Fortuna to Red Bluff, through 150 miles of twisties and serious switchbacks. Thought the brakes would be red hot from trail breaking, but they weren't bad at all.
I'd say they are a winner!
Cougar

What do you guys recommend for rear pads? Mine were replaced by the dealership during state inspection a year ago with an aftermarket brand. They squeal bloody murder and are scoring the rotor lightly. The OEs were a lot better.

Ed

Back