New bolt ons r-22

oldbird

Registered
a few weeks ago a local bike shop was selling a new set of r-22s for 550 went in friday and i got them for 450 they sound great have a deep sound to them and look awsome the only problem is that now the idle surges only have heard one backfire will the marble mod help with the surge or is that normal

what do the r-22 look like? are those the tri-oval?
Yep! Chrome stainless tri-oval. No huge badging just a tasteful engraving to identify as r-22. Sound delightful and look tremendous. As you might tell I have a set on mine.
smile.gif

i got them from a new bike shop called hardcore customs they ordered to many pairs and had them for about three months i think they just wanted to move them man do they sound great i adjusted the idle it seems to idle better now but ill find out on the weekend

i got them from a new bike shop called hardcore customs they ordered to many pairs and had them for about three months i think they just wanted to move them man do they sound great i adjusted the idle it seems to idle better now but ill find out on the weekend
I installed this unit when I put the R-22's on and have not had a single problem with fuel management.

Cobra

Is the metal gasket(s) seated properly on BOTH sides? Do you have a PCxxx that needs to be re-mapped?

checked both gaskets they are tight and are not leaking i dont know about the pcm everthing else is stock have not even had more than one or two backfires am going to try to post some pics today

hey flrider have you tried riding with the cobra on and then with it off is there a noticible diff with the cobra one thing i noticed is gas milage is a little off but it may be that i ride a little harder just to hear the sound

hey flrider have you tried riding with the cobra on and then with it off is there a noticible diff with the cobra one thing i noticed is gas milage is a little off but it may be that i ride a little harder just to hear the sound
There is a difference with the unit on. The idle is a lot smoother and throttle response is sharper. Not sure about mileage, have a 43 rear sprocket so not concerned too much about mileage anyway. I know the Cobra is a little pricey but I believe it does do it's job.

Back