Yoshi R-22 Blings like a rag in the mouth...

There is a db killer in them. Makes a BIIIG difference in sound. A lot lower rumble. Good luck getting it out. Just be patient.

that sucks I looked around youtube before buying my pipes to make sure the sound is what I wanted seems like everyone has recorded the sound of the most popular pipes. I would go with sell an find what you want if the store won't take em back.

Lookin great, sounding silent? Not what I wanted from Yoshi and $700 later... Am I the only 5' 6" Hobbit that owns a BUSA? ???

looks like you have the info you need. the easiest way would be to remove them, but you can see them if you lay on your back and look into what looks to be a drain hole on the exhaust tip. Good luck.

Found the set screw and removed the db killers. No problem. Just push the in and out a few times, wiggle them and put your guns to work. I plugged the holes left behind with 2 part epoxy, the kind you squeeze a piece off and roll it around in your hand till it gets warm and mixed. Plugged holes and was able to reach under to compact the epoxy in the holes.:laugh:

Now, before you say anything. I know the baffles will NOT go back in now without mods. All cool with me because they ain't going back in. It sounds much better. Thank you all for the support in my stressful moment, again!:bowdown:

I have been considering slip-ons, but the more I read on here I may have to go with a full system for weight reuction, power and sound. ???

I love my Two Brother shorty slip-ons...Great sound...As far as power, Im happy with what the busa has...The weight drop was decent enough. Anytime you get rid of the stock cans, you're going to have a decent weight reduction...

Mine just had a couple of screws:)

P1040187.jpg

What a disappointment. My 05 sounded quite good with gutted stock cans but I wanted the deeper moan so I checked with my local shop and they recommended the R-22s. They say, go with Yosh as they have been making pipes for the Suzuki tuners forever, blah, blah, blah. So, I fork over $700 because I want the sound and I like how they look. They look great and sleek but not the low rumble I was sold...... OK, so now the question that I am sure has been asked over and over. Can I mod these things? I hate the though of screwing up brand new pipes but if not for looks, the stockers would go back on for sound alone.

Damn it man, every time I turn around it's something like this. Any help would be appreciated as I am frustrated beyond belief. I used them all weekend so returning them seems out of the question. Performance was great but the sound was like I added baffles not put a set of custom tuned pipes on.:banghead:

Help?

I got the R77s they look great and sound like a lady on her passion stroke

Back