Yoshi R-22 Blings like a rag in the mouth...

miserycaptain

Donating Member
Registered
What a disappointment. My 05 sounded quite good with gutted stock cans but I wanted the deeper moan so I checked with my local shop and they recommended the R-22s. They say, go with Yosh as they have been making pipes for the Suzuki tuners forever, blah, blah, blah. So, I fork over $700 because I want the sound and I like how they look. They look great and sleek but not the low rumble I was sold...... OK, so now the question that I am sure has been asked over and over. Can I mod these things? I hate the though of screwing up brand new pipes but if not for looks, the stockers would go back on for sound alone.

Damn it man, every time I turn around it's something like this. Any help would be appreciated as I am frustrated beyond belief. I used them all weekend so returning them seems out of the question. Performance was great but the sound was like I added baffles not put a set of custom tuned pipes on.:banghead:

Help?

Hey stay tuned many guys have these pipes and modded them. PM Rocadaus!! Just relax and I do understand your frustration! Hey post a pic.

Do they come with baffles? I have the R-77's and i took the baffles out. Made a difference in sound. The rumble is deeper when idle.

they do have the baffles but you would have to cut them out they are riveted in and there is a punch somewhere in there that you would have to try and break loose, my opinion is try and sell them and make your money back and get new ones that you like, you would really screw up the can unless you know what your looking for and doing
I tried to remove the baffle and it wasn't happening. I loved mine that stinks your disapointed with them. I have a full exhaust now and they sound very similar but allot deeper and louder.

Last edited:
Should of checked with the board first before the local shop. Here they been dealing with Hayabusa's for years! Not bashing Yoshi product(great product)... anyone can make an exhaust(pit-teck) for some time for our bike. Doesn't mean it's exactly what you looking for. Yoshi has a great rep and is prob why you were told to buy from them. Cans will get a little louder as the loosen up also.

Hope it works out great for you in the end though.

look on ebay you can get a full system for that price!!! when i got mine(R-22) they were $600.00 and something, I got my full system off ebay for $300.00 good luck ohh and i sold the R-22 for $400.00 just to let you know, check prices on e-bay and sell close to that.

As Nixon said at the end of Frost/Nixon, SonsaWh*%es! They seem to be getting a little louder but it sounds more like a Goldwing than a Hayabusa??? They will be OK just FAR from what I expected! I wanna hear that horsepower not silence it. They seem to be working in!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
They have an allen screw that holds them in look carefully. I haave the same ones. The baffles do come out.
Posted via Mobile Device

They have an allen screw that holds them in look carefully. I haave the same ones. The baffles do come out.
Posted via Mobile Device

How did you get them out with out messing up the can? i took the allen screw out but had a heck of a time trying to get the baffle out!:banghead:!!

Never listen to your local stealership or local shop...This board is a great place for honest information. I'm glad you are starting to like them. Next time post & ask for opinions before buying...The people here have nothing but your best interests in mind.

What a disappointment. My 05 sounded quite good with gutted stock cans but I wanted the deeper moan so I checked with my local shop and they recommended the R-22s. They say, go with Yosh as they have been making pipes for the Suzuki tuners forever, blah, blah, blah. So, I fork over $700 because I want the sound and I like how they look. They look great and sleek but not the low rumble I was sold...... OK, so now the question that I am sure has been asked over and over. Can I mod these things? I hate the though of screwing up brand new pipes but if not for looks, the stockers would go back on for sound alone.

Damn it man, every time I turn around it's something like this. Any help would be appreciated as I am frustrated beyond belief. I used them all weekend so returning them seems out of the question. Performance was great but the sound was like I added baffles not put a set of custom tuned pipes on.:banghead:

Help?
I believe they come with sound killers bolted in the end. I know my R-22 full system came with a db killer installed. One allen bolt and they come right out. Pull'em, it'll prolly give you closer to the sound you want :thumbsup:
EDIT-I have the exact same can.....no rivets or anything to deal with, just one allen bolt on the bottom side of the can and the whole insert slides out. The endcap stays on.....just the black ring and connected insert come out.

Last edited:
I like the R-77, we put one on Juli's bike and you can take the baffle out by pulling two allen head screws. Hope this works out for you bro, I hate spending money and then not being happy with my purchase.

I have the R-22 full system. Indeed ther is a small hex screw on the underside of the exit. It is somewhat difficult to remove, but it will come out. The baffle is rather tightly fit, but it will also come out if you are persistent.

Back