Finally installed yoshi R-22 full system...very nice

The Big Red One

Registered
I finally finished installing the yosh R-22 full ss system on my gen1 busa. It looks awesome...dropped a ton of weight off, and best of all suprised me with a big boost in acceleration :thumbsup: Overall just the pipe change made it feel like a whole new bike. The weight off the back makes it feel much lighter and more flickable. I lost a little bit of grunt below 5 grand.....but it now has a nice juicy hit at 5 grand and up that just keeps building.....it grabs revs and storms ahead like a cat with its tail on fire :laugh: I had bolt on dual Viper race cans before this system...they made a nice little improvement in power and sound over stock, but I didn't expect the yosh to gain this much more over the Vipers :laugh: For 709 bucks the yosh is one very nice overall bang for the buck :beerchug:
BTW the Vipers are for sale ;)

I'm an internet idiot guys, sorry. Don't have a digital camera and wouldn't know how to put up the pics if I did :( I know I'm breaking the cardinal rule.....but I can say with the polished grab bar, chrome bar ends, and bling R-22 sytem, (plus the chrome touches that come stock) the old red 04 LE is looking DAMN fine :thumbsup: And running fine as well :beerchug: I have to say that adding a BMC/16 front/42 rear/speedohealer/Smithabusa switchable tre/pc and full system has made this bike what it should have been from the factory.......a friggin animal :laugh: If you want a first gen that truly rocks follow this recipe. The cruising rpm's are still fine, I'm still getting mid thirties for mpg, and the bike is so far removed from what it was stock handling and power wise, its not even recogonizable now. Money VERY well spent :bowdown:

I just bought the slip-on R-22's off of Craigslist from an .Org member. They are fantastic looking/sounding. I'll post pics tonight, since the OP didn't. :poke:

x.jpg
x1.jpg
x2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally finished installing the yosh R-22 full ss system on my gen1 busa. It looks awesome...dropped a ton of weight off, and best of all suprised me with a big boost in acceleration :thumbsup: Overall just the pipe change made it feel like a whole new bike. The weight off the back makes it feel much lighter and more flickable. I lost a little bit of grunt below 5 grand.....but it now has a nice juicy hit at 5 grand and up that just keeps building.....it grabs revs and storms ahead like a cat with its tail on fire :laugh: I had bolt on dual Viper race cans before this system...they made a nice little improvement in power and sound over stock, but I didn't expect the yosh to gain this much more over the Vipers :laugh: For 709 bucks the yosh is one very nice overall bang for the buck :beerchug:
BTW the Vipers are for sale ;)

:thumbsup: R-77 Blings for me and I love em too. :thumbsup:

Back