NEW BIKE

E_NUFF_4

Registered
Check her out, picking her up tomarrow afternoon. Any suggestions on breaking it in, about a 10 mile ride home.

PS: Thanks to everyone for the help with finding one!

MINE2.jpg

Great lookin' bike, man! Glad you were finally able to get one! Enjoy the ridin'!

Was that from the dealer also? I'd be amazed if they had a chrome visor.

man them camera phones take chitty pics....

sweet lookin bike though for a tomoto
wink.gif

Lol tomato he says, Mr pumpkin =) we should have a veggie runs ometime
smile.gif
. Ended up paying 300 or so more to get it locally, but well worth it if somthing goes wrong with it. Change oil after 20-100 miles? what kind real or synthetic?

Break it in like you plan on riding it... Mostly baby your ride per Suzuki's recommendations. Do not maintain a steady speed or RPM for any amount of time, Keep loading/unloading the motor and tranny, upshift, down shift, more revs less revs. The one thing I do recommend though is zinging her up to redline, as soon as you get her, 1st 5-10 miles... Careful, your looking at 80mph in first. Zing her up there then let her relax and cool off, zing her up there again, get her nice and warm then ride and enjoy, basically take it easy and allow the rest of the valvetrain and tranny time to settle in. What your looking for is sealing the rings nice and tight initially then allowing the rest of the motor componants to settle at a less hectic pace. Then Change your oil within about the first 50 miles. Replace with a quality Motorcycle Dino oil. Honda lube or similar. After about 2500 miles you can drain your Dino and Replace with a Premium 10W40 Weight Synthetic. I dig Silkolene, but Amsoil is supposed to be good stuff also. Don't skimp. It's your bikes life blood.

This is my lil break in pattern anyway... FWIW But make up your own mind...

Back