New Bike Finally Right

terrass604

Registered
Well, with the help of everyone here, I finally got my new 2003 Busa solid and running without any jerking, etc.

I bought the bike new with a full Muzzy on it and the dealer mapped the pipe using a Yosh box. It was almost impossible to ride at slow to moderate speeds. Finally, I called the dealer to complain and he removed the map and put the ECU back stock. It ran much better, but was still jerky at low throttle / rpm. It was really bad trying to maintain 35 mph or so behind a car. I bought a PCIIIr and put in the Muzzy map and it smoothed it out much better, but then I added the Ivan 'smart' TRE and that took out the rest and it is perfect now. I only have 400 miles on it thanks to the steady rain here, but I may have to dial it in some more once it is broke in. Maybe it will not change, so I will wait and see.
Also am trying a ZG sport touring windscreen and so far that is working very well.
I will keep you posted on the progress. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice.
Ray

DSC_0012.JPG

looks good.. did you get it from the dealer with the center stand?

Yeah, they put it on before I took delivery. It really comes in handy. I had a ZX11 before with a centerstand and then a ZRX1200 later without a stand and I missed not having one.

Next project is to strip and polish the wheels but I have to wait until it warms up a bit.

<!--EDIT|terrass604
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079234505 -->

WHY DID THEY PUT THE EXHAUST ON BEFORE THE BREAKIN PERIOD WAS OVER... ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS BAD FOR THE BIKE? MY .02 CENTS

This dealer offers about half of his Hayabusa inventory modified from new so I went ahead and bought it with the pipe as it was a good package deal.

Stripped the black paint off yesterday on the wheels. I think it looks a lot better and will start buffing them out - right now only has a pass with Mother's polish.

Haya_Side.JPG

I agree I like the rims with the polished/chrome look alot better, nice looking bike by the way. Glad that you got everything running smooth.

Thanks Rich. With all the rain, I have only got 470 miles on it and have had it a month. It rained again today. I have yet to see another 'busa in Houston on the road, so they must be fairly rare here or maybe they come out in the summer. I see you are at Travis AFB. I was discharged there awhile back on by way back from Andersen AFB Guam.

Back