Getting Everything Together Before The Bike Rally

bnorwood

Registered
1. I have a new Muzzy full exhaust system, will I run into any problems installing it myself?

2. Do I need to do the pair block off mod?

3. Any need for a PCIIIr right now? No racing is projected in my immediate future.

4. Is the Muzzy fan all that it is hyped up to be or is it the real deal?

5. R U guys ever on?
tounge.gif

1.  I have a new Muzzy full exhaust system, will I run into any problems installing it myself?

2.  Do I need to do the pair block off mod?

3.  Any need for a PCIIIr right now?  No racing is projected in my immediate future.

4.  Is the Muzzy fan all that it is hyped up to be or is it the real deal?

5.  R U guys ever on?
tounge.gif
1. you might .

2. you might . if it back-fires .

3. you might . muzzy=loud . therefore , backpressure=min.
you might want to re-map .
4. you might want to research it more...supposed 2 b good

5. you might want to chec in now an' again . Sometimes.

I got the Muzzy on my '01, great system. You should space out the right fairing to get it off that bigger pipe. I added about 1/2" of spacing to the most reward fairing bolt, that did not help much. What really worked was drilling a second hole in the bottom of the left fairing (where the belly pan bolts on). It is probably only 1/3" but it pushes that bottom of the fairing out enough to get around the pipe and you will never notice the difference.

YES DO THE PAIR BLOCK OFF WHEN YOU DO THE MUZZY... ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!!!! Otherwise, you will be pissed when you have to pull the muzzy off to do it later since it is backfiring like mad.

You can get away without the PCIIIr, just check the plugs once in a while to make sure it is not lean. If you mod the airbox and go with a BMC race filter, then I would say yes, do the PCIIIr.

I like the Muzzy fan. It pushes more air and will not melt. Just following the installation CAREFULLY and trim the insulator carefully.

Good luck

I got the Muzzy on my '01, great system.  You should space out the right fairing to get it off that bigger pipe.  I added about 1/2" of spacing to the most reward fairing bolt, that did not help much.  What really worked was drilling a second hole in the bottom of the left fairing (where the belly pan bolts on).  It is probably only 1/3" but it pushes that bottom of the fairing out enough to get around the pipe and you will never notice the difference.

YES DO THE PAIR BLOCK OFF WHEN YOU DO THE MUZZY... ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY!!!!  Otherwise, you will be pissed when you have to pull the muzzy off to do it later since it is backfiring like mad.

You can get away without the PCIIIr, just check the plugs once in a while to make sure it is not lean.  If you mod the airbox and go with a BMC race filter, then I would say yes, do the PCIIIr.

I like the Muzzy fan.  It pushes more air and will not melt.  Just following the installation CAREFULLY and trim the insulator carefully.

Good luck
When spacing it, what do you use to space it out? What type of material?

Back