pc3 mod question

ajm

Registered
Is there any problem with running the bike with the pair valve removed, block off plates installed, full system Muzzy installed, tre, K&N filter without a pc3 unit. I have to wait about a week or so to get It. Will this set up hurt anything without the Pc3 or will I get any codes?

ajm

You can run it and ride it just dont beat it, The pc3 is used to lean and richen the fuel trim as needed. If you were to run rich (you will smell it) then you could foul plugs and foul your oil, if on the other hand you run lean you could melt a piston. Just take it easy and all should be well!

I had those mods with PC's map loaded and I was still way lean at WOT. You can ride it, I just wouldn't do much 'spirited' riding.

I ride my Busa, and not weak, with full Tsukigi exhuast/pair block-off/BMC race filter/ short-stack w. airbox mod, and NO PC at all. Runs fine, pulled plugs after some spirited rides and they were normal if not a tad rich. There are a couple spots in the rpm range that seems it could be slightly rich or lean, but will get it hammered out as soon as I can.

Would I recommend it for someone else? No, cuz I wouldn't want to feel responsible for any mishaps incurred from my advice. Just sharing that mine is running fine, and that this info is not given from an "opinion" or hearsay.

Back