New 99 Busa Owner Checking In.

Frenchy

Registered
IMG_3846.JPG
Picked up my 99 Busa a couple months ago and love it! After a 7-8 year riding hiatus I saw one on the road and thought it was the biggest most amazing sport bike I'd ever seen and purchased one within a week. My prior bike was a 97 Bandit 1200 that I owned for a few years. She has dark gray plastics and has been scraped on both sides from being laid down. Picked her up for a song as the clutch was slipping. Turned out to be improperly bled hydraulic line, I found this out after I put in a new EBC clutch. Tires were very old and hard so today I had new Michelin Pilot 3 installed.

I am nowhere near the capability of this bike, and am looking forward to getting more comfortable on her by putting on the miles and maybe a rider ed day at a local track here in Seattle. I'm 6'7 and am considering a peg mod and bar riser but want to put a few more tanks of gas through her before I do as it's not that unfomfortable. To get proper arm bend it's a little tough on my back in stock form when putting around so I tend to cruise straight armed more than I'd prefer.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to tapping the knowledge of this forum and contributing once I've gained more knowledge of the bike and riding skills. I've already made it most of the way through "Twist of the Wrist" and it instantly made my riding better.

Thanks for reading my intro and thanks for the great forum!

Cheers!

Jason

welcome to the club! There are a lot of tall riders here. We love the bus.

Back