New 2014 Corvette!

I think the 14k they did sale is close to what was produced they hold their resale very well.

DEAD NUTS ON....I wonder where the 14k # came from? maybe roll over from 2011?

Corvettes Models Amount Percent

Base Coupe 2,820 24.2%
GS Coupe 5,056 43.4%
Base Convertible 621 5.3%
GS Convertible 2,268 19.5%
Z06 478 4.1%
ZR1 404 3.5%
_______ _______
Total 11,647 100%

"General Motors released their November Sales report earlier this week and Corvette sales are remaining steady. In November 2012, a total of 1,104 Corvettes were sold. This is 21.3% more than the 910 Corvettes sold during November 2011. For the calendar year to date, 12,841 Corvettes have been sold between January-November 2012. This is 5.9% better than 2011′s Corvette sales of 12,126 during the same months."

A guy here at work was arguing with me that the new front end looks Ferrari-ish and of course I'm questioning what the heck he's talking about because he can't think of which one it looks like because it most definitely doesn't look at all like a 458 or a 599, but then I remembered the Ferrari California....

2009_ferrari_california_roadster-pic-1847875153421549372.jpe

But the only real resemblance is the headlight shape

Last edited:
wow! damit! everytime I get use to a certain model and say "in a few years I will be able to afford a vette" they come out with a newer and better one that I now want...:banghead:

Fortunately the C7 doesn't cost that much more than the C6. I can't even think about buying a new one. When I pay off my Busa I am going to buy my first vette, a 2003 50th anniversary Z06, blue with gunmetal wheels. I just love the curvy C5 body style, dry sump oil system and 405 HP is enough for anyone. I intend to drive the wheels off it for 10 years or so then buy the 2014!! The C6 body style was nice but uninspiring unless it was the ZR-1 where its awesomeness overcomes its looks. C5 has been my fave for a long time and now the C7 trumps it hands down but there are economic realities to consider. BTW, if you own any Vette from the C5 onn you need to put away around 100 bucks a month for a tire fund because they wear out really fast and at $350.00 or more a pop.....

Another good video of what Chevy wanted to do with the C7!
Chevrolet Introduces The 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray

Justin I have to agree the front end of the Vette looks Ferrarish with a 280Z/GTR side widow look. Many of its styling ques may be from other cars, but it looks good!

I just did a Head/Cam/Intake swap a month ago on a 2006 Z06 vette, went from 495whp to 560rwhp. The new LT1 should be pretty strong..... its the power under the curve that I cant wait to see as well as the mileage. My buddies Z06 get mid to high 20's mpg if you drive smartly.

Go to the 5:38 mark of the the video and the c6 Z06 is compared to the Ferrari, so no surprise there!
Z06 car review - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately the C7 doesn't cost that much more than the C6. I can't even think about buying a new one. When I pay off my Busa I am going to buy my first vette, a 2003 50th anniversary Z06, blue with gunmetal wheels. I just love the curvy C5 body style, dry sump oil system and 405 HP is enough for anyone. I intend to drive the wheels off it for 10 years or so then buy the 2014!! The C6 body style was nice but uninspiring unless it was the ZR-1 where its awesomeness overcomes its looks. C5 has been my fave for a long time and now the C7 trumps it hands down but there are economic realities to consider. BTW, if you own any Vette from the C5 onn you need to put away around 100 bucks a month for a tire fund because they wear out really fast and at $350.00 or more a pop.....
the only positive is it will drive down the C5 and C6 prices.

no fuel injection so im curious as to what new software will be out to tune it. what about blowers and turbos? I wonder how that will effect aftermarket upgrades.

405 hp isnt even enough for my street bike let alone my car.....:laugh::poke:

the only positive is it will drive down the C5 and C6 prices.

no fuel injection so im curious as to what new software will be out to tune it. what about blowers and turbos? I wonder how that will effect aftermarket upgrades.

405 hp isnt even enough for my street bike let alone my car.....:laugh::poke:

450hp not 405hp

Chevrolet C7 Corvette LT1 Teardown - SEMA 2012 Horsepower Torque Specs 0-60 times 2013 - YouTube[/url]

LT1 Gen 5 Chevy Small Block V8 Photo Gallery - Autoblog

Justin I have to agree the front end of the Vette looks Ferrarish with a 280Z/GTR side widow look. Many of its styling ques may be from other cars, but it looks good!

I just did a Head/Cam/Intake swap a month ago on a 2006 Z06 vette, went from 495whp to 560rwhp. The new LT1 should be pretty strong..... its the power under the curve that I cant wait to see as well as the mileage. My buddies Z06 get mid to high 20's mpg if you drive smartly.

I'm still thinking the newest Viper is the best looking American production "Super" car.

I'm still curious as to why they're reusing the LT1 engine name after they moved on the LS platform years ago

I watched and recorded the whole thing last night on a live satellite feed. I'd like to post the video but don't need lawyers coming after me.

I liked the comment on how every gram has to earn its way onto the car. The technology is mind blowing. Also appears they've listened to complaints about the cheesy plastic looking interiors and put some real thought and quality into this model.

Love everything about the car except for the white trash Camaro tail lights. wtf were they thinking? ???
I would have also liked to see pop up headlights come back but realize it's a concept that's no longer needed and would only add weight.

I sold my C3 last year after 12 years of ownership and still visit the Corvette Forums. Cracks me up how many owners are pissed off claiming this car doesn't deserve the Stingray name. Maybe being slower than a modern minivan is a requirement? :rofl:

I would say that I'm a little disappointed to see them stray away from the quad circle tail lights. I always thought it was sort of the "Corvette" thing to go along with the quad exhaust tips

I"d be way more impressed if they built some thing for 10 grand that got 50mpg and the warranty out lasted the pament book:moon:

I have a C6 and of course, an opinion.

1) The taillights should remain round. These new taillights remind me of a camaro and that's not good
2) The interior is horrible. It looks like the driver is surrounded by instrumentation and the passenger is an afterthought.
3) Parking brake? It's a button now. So much for inducing power-slides with your handbrake. Yeah, I know I can break it loose in 3rd but sometimes I don't wanna use power to break it loose, especially in the twisties.
4) The steering wheel has more buttons than your average video game. My steering wheel has ZERO buttons or controls. It's meant for controlling the car, nothing should get in the way of that.
5) I can't get over that rear-end. It's just so darn fugly. It looks like they got to the rear, ran out of money, and grafted a camaro to the frame.

It's a concept used for 50+ years on many different cars for aerodynamics. Has nothing to do with the 80s.

this is quite interesting. id be willing to bet this car in stock form will be able to stay with, if not handle better then the 2012 ZR1. thats saying quite a bit imo and from what ive read its not gonna be priced much higher then the 2012 model. of course im talkn the Z51 package with MR.

2 of 2 of The Interview Series - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray / Z51 - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube[/url]

DEAD NUTS ON....I wonder where the 14k # came from? maybe roll over from 2011?

Corvettes Models Amount Percent

Base Coupe 2,820 24.2%
GS Coupe 5,056 43.4%
Base Convertible 621 5.3%
GS Convertible 2,268 19.5%
Z06 478 4.1%
ZR1 404 3.5%
_______ _______
Total 11,647 100%

"General Motors released their November Sales report earlier this week and Corvette sales are remaining steady. In November 2012, a total of 1,104 Corvettes were sold. This is 21.3% more than the 910 Corvettes sold during November 2011. For the calendar year to date, 12,841 Corvettes have been sold between January-November 2012. This is 5.9% better than 2011′s Corvette sales of 12,126 during the same months."

Could be a roll over of 2011 models...but what I found is that 14,132 new corvettes were sold in 2012...thats down from over 40,000 in 2007.

Back