You folks in NC better be careful!

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
NC sheriff's deputy uses Corvette to stop speeders

Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Thu Jul 23, 8:56 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – At least one sheriff's deputy in North Carolina won't have any trouble catching speeders. Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that the Wake County Sheriff's Department has a Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Chevrolet said the car has a top track speed of 198 mph, with a base sticker price of $74,875. Its V8 racing engine generates 505 horsepower.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Phyllis Stevens said the car didn't cost the county any money since it was seized from a drug dealer.

Wake County isn't the first to used souped up cars.

Former Davidson County Sheriff Gerald Hege once had a Chevrolet Impala SS with a Corvette engine

Former Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Barker used several Camaro Z28s for traffic enforcement.

This Corvette is 100% real. I passed it pulling an SUV over Tuesday on 540 just off Capital Blvd.
It is a new Z06 , all BLACK w/ dark tinted windows and black rims. It's nasty looking!
But in this economic time...and when I have to hear in the news that North Carolina has cut back on hiring new troopers and officers. It begs to question why the hell they need to spend $75,000 on something so unnecessary!?
Seems to be a publicity issue. Unfortunately its a publicity issue that can run down just about any vehicle out on the road. :moon:

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
This Corvette is 100% real. I passed it pulling an SUV over Tuesday on 540 just off Capital Blvd.
It is a new Z06 , all BLACK w/ dark tinted windows and black rims. It's nasty looking!
But in this economic time...and when I have to hear in the news that North Carolina has cut back on hiring new troopers and officers. It begs to question why the hell they need to spend $75,000 on something so unnecessary!?
Seems to be a publicity issue. Unfortunately its a publicity issue that can run down just about any vehicle out on the road. :moon:
Umm, they didnt buy, it was siezed.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
NC sheriff's deputy uses Corvette to stop speeders

Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print Thu Jul 23, 8:56 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C. – At least one sheriff's deputy in North Carolina won't have any trouble catching speeders. Multiple media outlets reported Wednesday that the Wake County Sheriff's Department has a Chevrolet Corvette Z06. Chevrolet said the car has a top track speed of 198 mph, with a base sticker price of $74,875. Its V8 racing engine generates 505 horsepower.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Phyllis Stevens said the car didn't cost the county any money since it was seized from a drug dealer.
Wake County isn't the first to used souped up cars.

Former Davidson County Sheriff Gerald Hege once had a Chevrolet Impala SS with a Corvette engine

Former Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Barker used several Camaro Z28s for traffic enforcement.

:beerchug:

The corvette in question is black, tinted windows and trolls around 540 and I-40. Know this first hand because it pulled a Chevy 2500 that was tailgaiting me last week on 540. I pulled away from the truck just a little :whistle:, then moved over some lanes, saw the corvette back there, did not think anything of it until it pulled the truck. Looked to be a brand new model.