New 06 owner

Do you miss the RC51?

DSC02807.jpg

Yeah I miss it bad. It was all stock and in excellent condition. I loved the V-twin sound and the rock solid feel the bike had in the curves.

Nice looking Busa at a great price too !! You are going to miss a little first gear grunt compared to your last two bikes until you drop down one on the front sprocket. As I recall the front sprocket is about $24 or so and it really wakes up first gear. Good luck !!

Well she arrived yesterday at 1:00pm right on the dot. When they say between 11:00 am and 1:00pm you know your going to be waiting:banghead:. Dropped it off right in my driveway. I uncrated the beast and went over the bike in the garage. Then I fired her up. It was 15 degrees outside with out the wind chill when I finally was satisfied that the bike had passed my inspection and was safe to ride. So I threw on my gear, took her to the gas station and filled her up with a fresh tank of 93 and put about 8 miles on her.

I think me and my busa are going to be friends for a long time. I really couldn't get a good feel for the bike because at those temps the tires were so hard and slick it felt like I was riding on plastic.:please: I did give the throttle a good twist a couple of times and was very pleased. The trans shifts very smoothly and the sound of that 1300 even with the stock exhaust on it is pure heaven.

Oh and when I popped the back seat to make sure the tool kit was there I found a nice little gift. Never was mentioned in the sale but the bike has a PCIII all ready installed.:thumbsup: If anyone is interested in it I will be selling it as soon as I can get it off the bike. It has some scuff marks on the case but works perfectly. I am more of Bazzaz man myself so I have no need for it. Well off to give the old Busa its first drink of full synthetic. Cya guys later.

Excellent choice. Looks like you let go of a couple of sweet machines to get the Busa.

Welcome to the ORG. You have found the best group of enthusiasts ever to come together online.

Yeah both bikes were good in there own way but the wife likes to ride with me and the busa seemed like a bike for both of us. I am sure I will have another 1000 one day but for now I am luving the busa so far. Can't wait for the weather to get into the 30's so I can ride.:laugh: Suppose to be in the 40's here this weekend so I should be able to rack up some miles and smiles on her.

Yeah both bikes were good in there own way but the wife likes to ride with me and the busa seemed like a bike for both of us. I am sure I will have another 1000 one day but for now I am luving the busa so far. Can't wait for the weather to get into the 30's so I can ride.:laugh: Suppose to be in the 40's here this weekend so I should be able to rack up some miles and smiles on her.

You will have some great smiles. My wife has her own bike, but at meet and greets and group rides, we ride exclusively 2-up. She will have a blast!

DSC_8089.jpg

post-6-19446-IMG_1391__Large_.jpg

wm_normal_dsc_0054.jpg

Congrats on your new baby. This bike will blow your mind with the power.

Looking forward to your ride impressions compared to the Honda RC51. Different bikes in different leagues, so it should make for an interesting comparison.

Back