Never a great time to have your le stolen

winrz

Registered
Well it happened..
If everyone can keep their eyes peeled for a 2005 LE (gray) Busa being ridden like it was stolen around Northern Va - its probably mine.. but then again, its probably being 'processed' as we speak.

Damn, damn, damn..

bike 'removed' from the front of my house today in Ashburn VA around 10-12 noon while i was at work! Talk about brazen. My neighbor sent me an email wondering why i would have left the cover on the ground and removed the cable and lock. He knew something wasnt right.

Bike was covered and locked with a thick cable and key lock AND locked with my neighbors bike (10 year old bike, so they didnt take his)

Interesting, the bike hasnt been uncovered for past two weeks due to weather and since you really cant tell what kind of bike it is under covers, someone must have noticed it a while ago..

RIP...

Dayum ! I always watch my back when I get aleast two miles from home just to see who has been eyeballn my shid and wants to make an unwelcome visit to snatch me shid at a l8tr date.
Then again if thieves are pro's all they need is you tag no# to find out where you reside to l8tr snatch your machine.

Heres what I do and recommend to deter the sorry bastids from jackn someone machine.

1.Conceal in a garage if possible.
2.Get a big azz Lock and make sure it has some type of covering on it and the key area to prevent (slowdown) the ####### from freezing it to bust apart.
3.Alarm (Scorpio), to let you or your neighbors know someonez up to no good in the hood.
4. If you have a workbench table in your garage put it on the table with it elevated and locked.
5.No workbench table in your garage, then make sure to park the car in front of it chain to you lawn mower or snowblower.

Ty

or you could also put a gps tracker on it like i have for a few hundred bucks and track down the mofo's and take back your bike and dish out whatever punishment you see fit.....
mad.gif

That really sucks. I'm in Ashburn almost every day, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. I hope your insurance treats you right.

Yeah, i have a fenced in yard, but I live in a townhome. I would have to make a 10 point turn just to get it back there each and every time. I live in Ashburn VA, fairly affluent area of northern VA.. but I guess that doesnt mean anything anymore.

Hindsight - i wish i had lojack, or an alarm, or didnt take it out of winter storage from my buddies garage... but, as I know now, all it takes is for you to turn your back for a few hours in the day...

or you could also put a gps tracker on it like i have for a few hundred bucks and track down the mofo's and take back your bike and dish out whatever punishment you see fit.....
mad.gif
Amen, I hope you get it back in one piece dude. Sorry for your loss.  
sad.gif
Sorry but if someone takes my bike, I DON'T WANT IT BACK. I'll get a new one. That is what we pay those insurance premiums for. Sorry about your luck.

mad.gif
sad.gif
Sorry but if someone takes my bike, I DON'T WANT IT BACK. I'll get a new one. That is what we pay those insurance premiums for. Sorry about your luck.
i dont agree with that at all!
i and a lot of ppl spend way to much time and blood working on the bike that no matter what ins gives back its not gonna be crap compared to what the bike is worth to me... i would much rather find the SOB's and open a can of whoop a$$...

Hate to ask these questions in the light of this member's loss, but I just got mine in Feb and wondered what the best things to do are to keep it from happening? I used to have a krypto lock of some sort for my Katana, but never once had to even worry about it being stolen. Then again, it was a 12 yr old bike.. The Busa's just a "bit" more desirable.. Plus, right now I only have liability on my bike so I can afford to ride the thing.. She does sleep in my garage while at home tho.

Sorry for your loss man- Please keep us updated on this one.

Hate to ask these questions in the light of this member's loss, but I just got mine in Feb and wondered what the best things to do are to keep it from happening?  I used to have a krypto lock of some sort for my Katana, but never once had to even worry about it being stolen.  Then again, it was a 12 yr old bike..  The Busa's just a "bit" more desirable..  Plus, right now I only have liability on my bike so I can afford to ride the thing..  She does sleep in my garage while at home tho.

Sorry for your loss man-  Please keep us updated on this one.
Start from the top of this post and read my friend !

mad.gif
sad.gif
+1

mad.gif
sad.gif
+1
I think he meant only if its a stock plain jane machine.

+2, if so !

Here is my deterrent ..

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142894801 -->

DSC02810.JPG

I guess what I'm wondering is, how do they pick the bike up and take it away w/o anyone noticing? W/O keys, I would think this thing wouldn't go anywhere, right? The key kicks off the fuel pump, which is required on these newer bikes, so I can't imagine you just dumpin' the clutch into gear and taking off on it-

Therefore, someone would have to roll it away or load it on a trailer methinks.. Was anyone questioned about the approximate time it was lifted??

BUSAFETT

winrz
That sucks bro. I have been a deputy sheriff for 12 years now and have taken a butt load of reports on cars and motorcycle.

All states are deferent to what address they will let your drivers license and vehicle registration be registered to. If they will let you have a po box or if you have other family in the area use their address. The po box is the best for me.

Hope this might give you and others a way to keep the dirty mo fo’s from getting the stuff that all of use work way to hard to get for them to just take.

If you have questions or if I can help pm or email.

Rhythm, you lost me on the "Freezing the lock to bust it"? How do they do that, with what?

I've busted many locks with a marlin spike and hammer but never heard of freezing one?

you can use nitrogen i believe that is what he is talking about makes it brittle

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142895660 -->

Back