Neutral Gear between fifth and sixth?

Youkai

Registered
Okay I know there can't be a neutral gear between fifth and sixth, but something happened. I was merging onto the interstate, following break-in procedure I was between 3500-4000 rpms. I was shifting from fifth gear to sixth gear when all of a sudden, I let the clutch out all the way and the rpms just climbed to 5500-6000 rpms and the bike just coasted with no power to the wheels. Could it be that these have a slipper clutch (I have heard about them but I don't think they do this anyway)? What do you guys think? It only happened once and I have 170 miles on the bike.

I have the same problem. I have 615 miles on mine. I say "problem" but I found that if when I go from 5th to 6th I really pull up hard it goes right in everytime. Still puzzling though.

NOOBIE issue... Check the threads. Everybody has it, me included. Not a problem now, has not happened in over a year, just practice w/ the new ride.

yup.. false neutral..

if your bike is low mileage it'll happen a few times during break in...

synthetic oil after the break in makes it basically go away unless your really lazy with your shifts.

Show your Busa "Whose its Daddy" by kicking it in gear. No more false neutrals.
cool.gif

Happens to me also, BUT NOT if I keep the shifter "up" with my toe until the clutch is engaged.
Mike In Illinois 2004 blk/purp 10,000 miles

Back