Neewbe here

4wd

Registered
I just bought an '07 Hayabusa. My first sport bike. Got a few things to get used to in particular "twisting" of the right grip, and riding with my legs all pulled up underneath me. I can report so far it is a simply awsome machine, delivering in spades everything advertised. The only thing I have to ask you guys is where do you carry your beer?

I also have an '02 Honda VTX 1800 full dresser I bought new.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_002.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
aboard & Congrats!

We have several members in Iowa. What part are ya in?

Oh - you can carry beer in one of these:
beerchug.gif

post-6-02451-cimg4012__small_.jpg

Thanks for the tank bag idea. I've already done some research on them, but hate to put anything on that tank but my belly! Do they make those in Black? The dealer suggested I look for a back pack.

SW Iowa, I grain farm corn and soybeans for a living, and don't ever think that age will slow you down. I am 55.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_001.jpg

(4wd @ Jul. 20 2007,08:23) Thanks for the tank bag idea. I've already done some research on them, but hate to put anything on that tank but my belly! Do they make those in Black? The dealer suggested I look for a back pack.

SW Iowa, I grain farm corn and soybeans for a living, and don't ever think that age will slow you down. I am 55.
They sure do make them in black. It's a tank protector and then the bag attaches to the tank protector.

See this thread about it:

There's a picture of the black one in there.

SW Iowa, eh?

Several of us will usually try to get together in Des Moines for a ride. We have a few that will ride up from KC, others come from IL, MO, and IA. We'll meet up for the day, do some riding and then head home.

We'll let ya know when we plan it.
wink.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Corn and soybeans, eh?
Know it well...my gramps was a farmer outside of South Sioux City.

Nice bike!

OK, Great!
Thanks for the link and welcome from you all guys. I guess the thing that I like is the rich black, shiny paint the factory puts on those tanks, I'd sure hate to cover it up.

I'm no where near able to ride with you experienced boys, but, give me a few thousand miles. This bike has capabilities that I may never be able to fully appreciate, but I sure am game to learn. It is simply AWSOME, but of course I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

Thanks again, and keep me posted owmslaw. And don't let all my grey hair fool ya!
Mark

Suzuki_Hayabusa_004.jpg

(4wd @ Jul. 20 2007,08:11) The only thing I have to ask you guys is where do you carry your beer?
I leave it at home in the fridge for "after the ride"

beerchug.gif

Welcome to the org and congrats on the bike.

Congrats on the new bike......
Ride safe and respect her.......
Oh and Welcome to our world..........

beerchug.gif

IMG_0008.JPG

Welcome..

Tank bag to get the beer home after you buy it..
beerchug.gif

Ride sober..
bowdown.gif

2000_Busa_24_640x480.jpg

beer? so passe guys, c'mon crack is where it's at!

jusstt kiddddding just kidding

Back