New Busa Owner -- Need Tires Today And Need Help /info. Thanks !

Thanks for all the help and info on the tires !! I'm loving this bike and trying to get some riding time in any chance I get before winter comes. its taking a little getting use too compared to my cruiser. But the feeling of this bike is great. I dont know how else to put it except its a bad ass bike !!! I have a oil leak. I'm hoping its nothing serious. I'm wating on the stands I just ordered so I can take the fairings off and see wheere its coming from. I can't see anything at the moment. Just hope its something simple. Thanks again for all the help guys, I appreciate it ! I went with the PR3'S in case I didn't update this post already but pretty sure I did. Thanks !

Thanks for all the help and info on the tires !! I'm loving this bike and trying to get some riding time in any chance I get before winter comes. its taking a little getting use too compared to my cruiser. But the feeling of this bike is great. I dont know how else to put it except its a bad ass bike !!! I have a oil leak. I'm hoping its nothing serious. I'm wating on the stands I just ordered so I can take the fairings off and see wheere its coming from. I can't see anything at the moment. Just hope its something simple. Thanks again for all the help guys, I appreciate it ! I went with the PR3'S in case I didn't update this post already but pretty sure I did. Thanks !
good choice in tyres bro. on the oil leak check the drain plug as the rubber o-ring can go dry and perish possibly could also be where oil filter screws in . just a thought

Thanks Mike,

Ive been searching youtube videos for oil changes and I saw a few where people have stripped out the plug,o ring and also the filter so im really hoping its one of those issues. Fingers crossed !! Thanks

Thanks Mike,

Ive been searching youtube videos for oil changes and I saw a few where people have stripped out the plug,o ring and also the filter so im really hoping its one of those issues. Fingers crossed !! Thanks
No problems bro I hope all things are well over there. we are heading into our summer here so it's full on riding time but more douchbags in cars as well as bike riders not wearing the right gear. bare skin on bikes not good

Hey Mike,

Where you from New Zealand ? I see kiwi on your profile so that's why I assume ? Yea I wish it was summer here. I'm sick of winters !!!! Yea im one of those bare skin riders. Hope I don't regret it someday ! Wiped out back in the late 80s. Luckily I had long pants on. Thanks for the info !

Hey Mike,

Where you from New Zealand ? I see kiwi on your profile so that's why I assume ? Yea I wish it was summer here. I'm sick of winters !!!! Yea im one of those bare skin riders. Hope I don't regret it someday ! Wiped out back in the late 80s. Luckily I had long pants on. Thanks for the info !
Hi AJ FLAY. yeah I'm from Auckland in New Zealand , not a Hugh fan of the rain and cold In the same day although we often get four seasons in one day over here. I had a mate hit 2 years ago by drunk driver,he wore all his gear but had sneakers on and lost his right heal , fortunately good surgery fixed it up. we as a lobby group (B.R.O.N.Z.) are trying to get a rego cost reduction on our bikes but having riders taking risks doesn't help the cause , although I sympathize with riders In hotter climates, where in the USA do you ride most?

Hi AJ FLAY. yeah I'm from Auckland in New Zealand , not a Hugh fan of the rain and cold In the same day although we often get four seasons in one day over here. I had a mate hit 2 years ago by drunk driver,he wore all his gear but had sneakers on and lost his right heal , fortunately good surgery fixed it up. we as a lobby group (B.R.O.N.Z.) are trying to get a rego cost reduction on our bikes but having riders taking risks doesn't help the cause , although I sympathize with riders In hotter climates, where in the USA do you ride most?
If you Google off U-Tube Paeroa street races New Zealand you will see some cool street racing as on my post on videos

Hey Mike,

Whats "rego cost" ? registration ? I'm from the southern most point of the state of New Jersey. It gets pretty warm here in the spring and summer and into fall but then winter hits. But luckily its been nice so far. I was able to ride a little today. Had to take my cruiser cause of the oil leak on the Busa. Oil is a little low and I don't wanna ride it anymore till I determine this leak. I just got my stands today so ill mess with it tomm or over the weekend and try to see what this leak is. Any suggestion on oil ? I read so many different opinions. What do you use ? And how many quarts does it hold ? Thanks !

Hey Mike,

Whats "rego cost" ? registration ? I'm from the southern most point of the state of New Jersey. It gets pretty warm here in the spring and summer and into fall but then winter hits. But luckily its been nice so far. I was able to ride a little today. Had to take my cruiser cause of the oil leak on the Busa. Oil is a little low and I don't wanna ride it anymore till I determine thiiif s leak. I just got my stands today so ill mess with it tomm or over the weekend and try to see what this leak is. Any suggestion on oil ? I read so many different opinions. What do you use ? And how many quarts does it hold ? Thanks !
Registration is what we pay for having our bikes on the road. nearly 85% of it ($522) goes to the ACC levy. ACC is a state run business that also acts an insurance company , they cover all medical costs a rider faces upon a crash , it's a no fault scheme so a car can hit you be at fault but not penalized . if is minor ( not pissing) then keep check on oil level in window on right side, check with auto shop/ bike shop whether a soft seal additive can be added to oil to soften the seals without blocking oil veins in motor. I use motul here as we are are a valid climate. hope all goes well with you& bike

So like 600 ? one time fee ? I just found out the other day my insurance here doesn't even cover me if im injured on my bike. No medical for bikes I was told. If anyone in the USA see's this. Is there a way to get medical payments here for a bike ? I checked the oil level today its almost at the bottom of the sight window. I didn't wanna add oil cause im not sure what kind is in there. the old owner told me dino oil. But I don't know if its 10-40 or what. Why would I add a "soft seal additive" ? Im not sure what you mean by that. thanks

Hey Mike,

Whats "rego cost" ? registration ? I'm from the southern most point of the state of New Jersey. It gets pretty warm here in the spring and summer and into fall but then winter hits. But luckily its been nice so far. I was able to ride a little today. Had to take my cruiser cause of the oil leak on the Busa. Oil is a little low and I don't wanna ride it anymore till I determine this leak. I just got my stands today so ill mess with it tomm or over the weekend and try to see what this leak is. Any suggestion on oil ? I read so many different opinions. What do you use ? And how many quarts does it hold ? Thanks !
Normally holds approximately 3 and a half litres not sure the imperial measurement bro. check sump plug to see if oil residue is present , you may be Able to see oil filter to see if same

You say sump plug you mean the oil pan plug ? I tried to look before but couldn't see poop. But maybe with the stands ill be able to get a better look. I don't know how much is coming out fluid measurement wise but if I let it run for 5-10 mins or when I park it. theres a stain like 6-7" circle.

So like 600 ? one time fee ? I just found out the other day my insurance here doesn't even cover me if im injured on my bike. No medical for bikes I was told. If anyone in the USA see's this. Is there a way to get medical payments here for a bike ? I checked the oil level today its almost at the bottom of the sight window. I didn't wanna add oil cause im not sure what kind is in there. the old owner told me dino oil. But I don't know if its 10-40 or what. Why would I add a "soft seal additive" ? Im not sure what you mean by that. thanks
What a soft seal additive does it helps re-bed any internal rubber seal, Wynns produces some, check with Suzuki mechanics first,is it losing lots?.Alas no I pay that fee every year

Ill take a pic of the oil spots its making. And what makes you think some internal seals messed up, from the leak ? The mechanic I planned to use is in florida for the winter. wont be back till spring. only othr place I know is a dealership. That's a big fee to pay yearly. Everyone pays the same fee ? Do you pay insurance on top of it ? or that's medical and bike insurance ? I pay like 65 for registration and $370 for full coverage insurance but no medical payments so I hear.

You say sump plug you mean the oil pan plug ? I tried to look before but couldn't see poop. But maybe with the stands ill be able to get a better look. I don't know how much is coming out fluid measurement wise but if I let it run for 5-10 mins or when I park it. theres a stain like 6-7" circle.
The sump plug (sill pan)is directly below engine and is visible from underneath the bike ,the filter is visible from front right engine below header pipes but you would need to remove the right side fairing to gain access to it, if you are confident to remove bothe side fairings you could run (idle) engine to see if leaks or weeping from any seals

You say sill pan you mean the oil pan right ? Im gonna attempt to take the fairings off in the next few days to see where the leak is. ill try to see before I do all that once its up on the stands. if I cant see, ill remove the fairings. im pretty sure I can get them off. getting them back on will be another story lol

Ill take a pic of the oil spots its making. And what makes you think some internal seals messed up, from the leak ? The mechanic I planned to use is in florida for the winter. wont be back till spring. only othr place I know is a dealership. That's a big fee to pay yearly. Everyone pays the same fee ? Do you pay insurance on top of it ? or that's medical and bike insurance ? I pay like 65 for registration and $370 for full coverage insurance but no medical payments so I hear.
No my bike has separate insurance , full 3rd party covers everything as I can't garrentee that the motorist is Insured . my cost is $550 a year plus $34 for gear replacement , we have excesses here , mine is $250 this is what I have to pay if fault is mine, my insurance company works very hard to prevent me from taking blame if I'm innocent

You say sill pan you mean the oil pan right ? Im gonna attempt to take the fairings off in the next few days to see where the leak is. ill try to see before I do all that once its up on the stands. if I cant see, ill remove the fairings. im pretty sure I can get them off. getting them back on will be another story lol
Gen 2 has fewer screws but Gen 1 is more straight forward , go slow and study what you do, I think the mechanics make it seem more difficult than it really is

Back