Need your Opinions please ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I own a couple different business' but my main stay is business and merchant services.

My web sites are getting to be a few years old and I think I will try and update them a bit. I cant afford to do alot or start from scratch but will be changing them up a bit.

Everyone's comments and suggestions are welcome but mostly I want just 3 area's of comment.

1. What do you like about what I already have? ( What gets your attention first ... ? )

2. What do you not like about what is on there ... ?

3. What would you suggest to improve it? ( Make it simpler? More detail ... ? )

The theme behind each of these is different one is professional business and one was designed to be business but whimsicle.

Site A Acclaim Business Services

Site B GetGiftCardsNow.com | Merchant Gift Cards | Gift Card Programs

Thanks - Kent

I'm a web developer by profession but I do understand that budgets sometimes dictate functionality. I also understand some businesses cannot operate completely online due to variables that are too numerous to program for. So, this is my opinion sans the budgetary and market constraints.

Site A
1. It has a very nice professional look to it. The information is there regarding what the service is, though I felt I had to dig a bit (more than site B below) to figure out what the offering was.

2. I agree with you, the site feels a little old or stale and needs some new life. Given the nature of the market space you are in, this might be tricky to pull off. Specifically because of the nature of this "parent" company and the diversity of it's "children".

3. Perhaps handling them as children right up front and listing your other companies/sites as major selling points versus just displaying them as assets would help solidify ABS as a "major player". Also, partner up where you can and display those partnerships proudly. A-Claim, for example, has a partner program that will get you listed on their page and I'm sure they have a badge of some sort for your site too. Maybe this is too pricey and I could understand that - simply food for thought. :)

Site B
1. It was informative. The first impression (view) was information based which gives your site traction. That is, I'm encouraged to read because it captured my interest. A+

2. It feels very "as seen on TV" and possibly too much information, specifically down the right hand margin.

3. I have no way of placing an order or re-ordering online. I have to "contact" you via form, email, or phone. This would be a barrier for me. In today's web-based world, the trend it to gravitate toward the quick purchase sites that provide a high level of information, security (read: a secure transaction that feels secure), and a quick purchase. I would recommend figuring out the algorithm you use when making a quote and program that into an online quote generator which can hand off the quote to a purchasing engine.

Hope this helps! If I can help at all, feel free to PM me.

Heath

Back