Need Your Advice...Home Theater...

SavoBusa

Registered
Okay, so I turned my "living room" into a home theater. It's pretty much perfect, even though it isn't finished. I still have a bunch of "mods" I want to do. :laugh: One of the mods is enclosing the room in a bit, which is where ya'll come in. The opening for the room is quite large (since it was supposed to be a living room). I want to close it up either a little or completely to cut down on the loud noise resonating throughout the house when I am rockin' Rock Band 2! :whistle: So, what would you recommend as a sweet way to close it up? I looked in Home Depot and got some ideas there, but I was wondering what you all thought. Here is a pic as is (it's a little messy right now):

Home Theater 004.jpg

I was thinking about the same thing,except maybe thick wood doors to keep the noise in one room. Just a thought.

light control is key. if you go with french doors put some kind of blinds on the inside to be able to block out all light when doing movies.

ah finally a question for me...I do home theaters and sound systems for a living...day job dj @ night
yes I agree that your only good option would be to use a double french door ...it doesn't really matter if its wood or glass, they both have 0 acoustic properties...lol and will reflect the sound in every direction, if you do the glass though you can dampen or deaden the sound by the use of those window shades someone else mentioned....as for your loud noises, you can put bass actuators on the bottoms of your couch or chair to give you that kick in the pants feel without disturbing the neighbors....me personaly I have a 2000 watt 18 inch Elecro voice MTL2 sub and a big amp !..lol Marantz head end...
I dont play rock star I'm one....lol
:laugh: ButtKicker LFE Separate Speaker reviews - CNET Reviews
butt kicker link

1428966462_l.jpg

1428967083_l.jpg

l_c1f5714be7a6e148640cd29a0f00cc5d.jpg

l_8c50496c251b4d56983d5c5a3258b6e9.jpg

l_6b5687cd2861a488f5922c7338c63cb8.jpg

l_293fecf78b0c921dc2351346a6d04a99.jpg

l_8b4059a3b68f92fb02c4d40d229ea343.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of the french doors also but the opening looks a little small (maybe not though) If not you could probably do a nice poket door. Thats just me though I like poket doors and you can get some nice wood doors and prob even glass but not sure about the glass though. If you put saround sound in make sure you snake the wires in the wall, put a nice wall plate on, and I would hang your speakers from the cieling. It's hot I always get a lot of compliments.:thumbsup:

you can use in wall speakers, but I don't recommend using the in ceiling ones ...unless you have too, you want the direction of the sound to be coming from the right places, that's why you don't see speakers in the ceiling @ your local movie theater....ceiling speakers are great for other rooms like kitchen,bedroom, bathroom etc...just not a first choice in a home theater....definatly hide those wires in the wall...

Back