Need tires soon

TruWrecks

Banned
A little tire update on the Avon Vipers. They stick like glue, but at 2500 miles I'm at the wear bars front and rear. I don't think they'll get me home.

I'm currently in Utah along HWY 24 in Hanksville. Anyone know a good place in South Utah or Nevada that has decent prices for the BT016's with mount and balance. I still have a few more days on the road an I would rather wait until I get home, but the Avon's won't make it even if I go directly home.

I will be riding through Hurricane tomorrow, then heading North to HWY 50 across Nevada.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I would lke options before it becomes an immediate need.

And YES, I know the Vipers aren't Sport Touring tires like Storms. That info does nothing for me at the moment.

Thanks.

Wish I could help you out. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Hanksville eh? Sounds like a place I could live.
How's the ride going? Hope you are taking lots of pics!
Be Safe!

Never mind, Suzuki dealer and they didnt know what a Hayabusa was. Still looking, looks like Delta Utah will be the best place, still checking.

Yamaha Dealer in Delta was no help. Will call the Kawi dealer when I get back.

Thanks. I'll check back shortly. I need to get on the road. I'm riding through Capitol Reef N.P. toward Bryce N.P. this A.M.

Wish I could help you out. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Hanksville eh? Sounds like a place I could live.
How's the ride going? Hope you are taking lots of pics!
Be Safe!
I have just over 300 pics just past the half-way point of the trip. The tough art will be to decide what ones to post when I get home.
laugh.gif

We'll all be glad to see whichever ones you decide to post.

Hope you are not set on 16's, nobody has them so far. Still checking.

I am glad I have my dealer, at least they know what you are talking about. Not much luck my friend. Here are some numbers anyway.

Delta Sports Center, Yamaha/Kawaski 465-864-3432, 299 N Hwy 6, Delta UT.

Lee Suzuki 800-253-4161, 295 Aultman Street, Ely Nevada

That is the best I could find on your path or close to your path. Both dealers are not far off HWY 50. Delta Sports in Delta had Dunlops but the guy didnt know what kind he had. No Bridgestones that he knew of. Lee Suzuki didnt know what the Hayabusa was nor knew if he had tires to fit them, that scared me. I hope a local will chime in and help out. Good luck my friend, stay safe.
beerchug.gif

I CAN GET YOU A SET TO A LOCAL IN NEVADA AND YOU'LL COULD GO GET THEM PUT ON....

That may be the best bet Daniel. Lee Suzuki should be able to mount them. They are a dealer, but the didnt know what kind of bike it is. Scared me! What kind of Suzuki tech does not know what a Busa is?

The saga continues. I've been out of cell coverage for the last two days. Nice when you don't want it, but not when you need it.

I'm currently in Reno getting a set of Pilot Power 2CT's mounted on the Busa. I'm partial to Bridgestone, but I'll give them a shot. Who knows, I might become a convert.

It was a long journey to get here. I'll fill in the details when I post the trip report in a few days.

Thanks again everyone.

beerchug.gif

Glad you found some rubber brother...but Doug VIPERS on a long trip
argue.gif

Glad to know you found some shoes, brother...

Standing by for the mondo trip report...

lurk.gif

Glad you found some rubber brother...but Doug VIPERS on a long trip  
argue.gif
I know I'm bad for doing it. I'll just have to find some cute single female to spank me.

The Avon Rep swore I could get enough mileage for this trip. They fell short drastically. They have about the same stick, but far less durability.

I'll be heading north as soon as traffic lightens. The roads are really busy right now.

The tech in the shop Reno Motor Sports put the rear tire on backwards.  I noticed it after I got the bike back, but they closed the service shop during my test ride.  I'll just take it easy if I hit rain on the way home tomorrow.  I'll flip the tire when after I get everything cleaned up.

Back