Need some serious help

busamac1300

Registered
Been having problems with the bike cutting off when coming to a stop and when starting out its sluggish I have to rev it past 3k to get her going without jerking. Went to start it today and it wont start. The fuel pump makes the noise when it cuts on, when I push the ignition switch it just makes a whining noise which I think is the starter. After a couple of tries I get the FI light blinking. I am not a mechanical person at all so can anybody give me some advice on what I should do.

Since I couldnt get any help with my first question, can someone answer me this. I pulled the injectors and sat them on a towel I tried to start the bike and they didnt spray anything, the line just bowed up like it got filled with gas and no where to go. Arent they supposed to spray is my question, and can they be cleaned or do they have to be replaced?

Did you try pulling the codes from it setting the FI lights?

Are the inj. getting power or a ground? I don't know if you have a node light to see if the inj. are firing.

The error code should come right up on the dash between the tach and speedo when you turn on the key (where the clock/odometer is located). I have the manual here and all the codes are identified.

Wait ... it looks like the code can only be read by the dealer with a special tool. I'm reading the manual now. Hold on a sec.

I am basic, I dont understand all this mechanical talk, I know how to look at a drawing and find stuff on the bike. Thats why I am asking for help.

I tried taking some pics of the manual and uploading, but they get to be too small. So here goes:

The manual says there's a malfunction and the engine will not start if the LCD display shows the FI letters continuously, and the FI lamp turns on and blinks. That's what you said in the original post. When this happens, the manual says that the injection signal is stopped. That's why you don't get the spray.

It says that the defective function (that is, the code we were telling you to read) is memorized in the computer, but it requires a special tool that connects to the "dealer mode coupler" that is located under the seat. When this is connected, the clock/mileage indicator on the dash will give you a code from c00 to c92, and each of these has a specific, defective item associated with it.

I wish I could help more, but you should either take it to a dealer, an .Org sponsor (I think GPW, Greg, is located in Maryland), or maybe another member is close by who has the tool.

Let us know what happens.

Ha the special dealer tool is a paper clip, search for how to pull codes on here. It's pretty easy to get to, its on the left side of the bike under the rear fairing, all you gotta do is pull it off. I could show you pretty easy but search for it, someone has pics posted up.

yea a paper clip or piece of wire will work to get the codes..the connector is down on the left side of the storage box under rear seat(has a cover over it)just jump it and read the codes..dude if you need some help getting the codes let me know i`m right over the bridge..

Call the guy across the bridge. He said he'd come over. That lead(at least on cars)can be jumped across two terminals with a paper clip and then you can read the code # and then follow the trouble shooting chart that goes with that code#. Once you post the code # I'm sure a member can post up the diagnosis chat for you. Or just cll Greg. Either way good luck and let us know what you find.

Call me tomorrow when in front of the bike and I will walk you thru it...503-663-3278

Back