Engine Knock?

ceejayy252

Registered
hey guys first post, was hoping i could get some opions and advice, i have an 05 busa limited, 7k miles, -1 front sprocket, full hindle exhaust and power commander.
so its making what i can best describe as a knocking noise, it ONLY makes the noise once the bike has warmed up/reached operating temp, and is revved from around 1100-3000 rpms. i dont think i have ever heard it on a cold start. the clutch has no effect on the noise and load does not either, whether im idling or riding the noise is the same. oil level is fine just changed it maybe 1k ago, was making noise before that too and had no effect. it seems to speed up when the rpms go up, then it clears up and goes away once i get a bit over 3k

Last edited:
Hey guys first post,
was hoping I could get some opinions and advice,
I have an 2005 Hayabusa limited, 7k miles,
-1 front sprocket, full Hindle exhaust and power commander .

So its making what I can best describe as a knocking noise,
it ONLY makes the noise once the bike has warmed up/reached operating temp,
and is revved from around 1100-3000 rpms. i dont think i have ever heard it on a cold start .

The clutch has no effect on the noise and load does not either,
whether I am idling or riding the noise is the same .

Oil level is fine just changed it maybe 1k ago,
was making noise before that too and had no effect .

It seems to speed up when the rpms go up,
then it clears up and goes away once i get a bit over 3k

similar tone, but not quite, it doesn't do it at idle, only once you rev it, its loudest between 2-3k and clears up anytime over that, and its not as consistent to rpms like that, my noise fluctuates a little
u sure ure not hearing valves clicking? maybe they are out of adjustment... only 7 k miles though……. As long as the motor never blew a head gasket and hydrolocked/crazy cylinder pressure or ran ridiculously low on oil... I don't see it spinning a bearing... what does everyone else think??

Have a second party hold the throttle. Put a small tube like a surgical tube up to your ear. Move the other end around the engine. Then inform this crowd of the spot where it appears loudest. This might at least narrow it to head/lower engine/cam drive/ etc.

Have a second party hold the throttle. Put a small tube like a surgical tube up to your ear. Move the other end around the engine. Then inform this crowd of the spot where it appears loudest. This might at least narrow it to head/lower engine/cam drive/ etc.
yes i have a mechanics stethoscope was planning on giving that a try, i should just take a video as well

If it was your main bearings knocking the noise would get louder as the rpms increased and not go away at 3k. So don't panic! lol My Busa made a similar noise to knocking that went away at 2k. Turned out I had a torn intake boot causing the engine to run way off balanced. Not sure where the noise was coming from but it went away when I replaced the intake boot.

Back