need some more advise

Dude, I'm no gear head (and I'm counting on the group to keep me honest), but conventional wisdom has been that running lean exposes you to the possibility of burning exhaust valves since running lean equals running hot. This is no picnic for pipes either.

Vegas,

I doubt that running the stock map will cause any problems. It may even run better, depending on your mods.

Motor, How much is the Haltech?? That is the way to go..

Dave

Checked my plugs after suzuki told me at 11000 mile check up that i was running rich. The bike now has 11994 miles on it. At the 11000 miles i leaned out on the commander box. Well tonite when I checked the plugs they were BLACK!! Well this is the third time i have leaned it out and it was still way too rich. I now have unplugged the commander box and have now plugged into the stock ecm, the bike runs stronger. The question is am I going to run too lean now and whats the best way of telling? Check the plugs in 25 miles or so? What is the down side of running lean. I got no backfires. I'm going to give dynojet a call tomorrow and see what they say, they have always been helpful........but in the mean time what can you guys tell me..............? Thanks for the help. It also idled rough before, now it idles perfectly...........what gives?

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 14 March 2000).]

MAYBE THE PC NEEDS TO BE REMAPED , JUST A THOUGHT. WITH THE HINDLE THE BIKE DID NT RUN TO GOOD , ONCE WE PLUGED IH THE PC MUCH BETTER . BUT WHEN I BOUGHT THE PC HAD A STOCK MAP 001 , TALKED WIT DYNOJET USED THE MAP FOR THE MICRON 003 DID THE TRICK , JUS BACKFIRED A LITTLE UNTIL I REMOVED THE AIR PUMP.GOOD LUCK

VD: (ugg.. nice Nickname abr.)

When you call Dynojet, talk to Remco Koedam (Remco@dynojet.com) He is very knowledgable with the sport bikes on the dyno and seems to know the system the best (PC2). He explains everything very well and should be able to help. He will be very concerned about this.

He was just up in Canada before the Indy Expo training us reps from Parts Canada.

When you talk to him, tell him Andy Jones say Hi!

Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 15 March 2000).]

Vegas--
Has the bike degraded in performance since its install?
I thought your idle was smooth initially?
Bob

The shop manual lists 3 heat ranges of spark plugs that could be used. Try the hotter heat range with your PC2 and original map in. That might cure the black plugs.

If you don't have a shop manual email me and I'll fax you the page. lrussel@newholland.com

no, the performance has been good. The reason the idle was rough was because of the fouled plugs. I pulled the plugs and cleaned them hooked up the original ecm and it idled like it was supposed to. The bike actually pulled harder. But i leaned out my power commander manually and no where near the map that was installed. It just runs too rich and I've got to stop it. When suzuki replaced my plugs at 7500 miles they said they were perfect and I had the power commander then. Maybe the cold causes a problem, cause it was still warm here when the plugs were replaced at 7500.................at 11000 Suzuki had to replace them due to fouling.........

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 15 March 2000).]

Back