Evans Coolant

OB_speed-junkie

Registered
Hi to all busa owners. Need advise, I just switched to Evans NPG Coolant. Bike runs HOT when idle. Tech at Evans told me to remove my thermostat and plug the 'hole'. Anyone running Evans who had the same problem???Need advise. I bled all the f..n air out of the system and still runs HOT at stops.

i would recommend draining fluid start with honda pre-mix and purchase water wetter add only 3 oz. of water wetter this is what is in my busa i can sit at a long light in 90 degree heat and the needle never touches the middle line

The first week after I installed evans I was running hot too but after a week of driving it no longer gets hot (most likely air still trapped in the system that I couldn't purge because I notice my coolant level dropping)

I still run hotter than before (according to the gauge) but it will not red line unless I idle for over 15min, I never sit still that long.
Anyway that is what it is designed to do, run hotter...the oil is what should be cooler!
Let me know how it turns out???

mine runs cooler than stock with evans!!!you must remove the thermostat and send the bypass hose from the head into the 1 small hose barb on the upper right side of the radiator.then you take the hose from the pump housing and run it into the barb on the thermostat housing but i say but before you install the hose to the housing drill and tap it to a 6mm x 1.0 put a bolt in it then cut the head off the bolt.this renders it inoperable.now make sure when installing evans.to run it through the system then dump all of it .then reinstall fresh evans.this is to make sure it is fully cleaned out and free from previous coolants contaminating the evans .now after i did this mine cooled down a ton.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 06 July 2000).]

Back