Need some ideas...

SmithEvo

Registered
I'm new to the Hayabusa world (Bought one about a month ago), and am not sure what are out there for appearance mods. Currently, I've got a mirror delete, undertail, windscreen, and exhaust. I'm wondering what are some basic mods people have done? LED's, gauges, etc. Little stuff mostly. Not looking to go with a big size rear wheel, or even extend the swingarm. Anybody want to give me some ideas?

LED's, gauges, converting to a 220mph gauge face is pretty popular. There are levers,triple trees, rearsets. Tobin seats look great, they have a Kanji embroidered in them. Fairing spikes are a nice touch. There are tons of apperance mods for these things.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

And the fun begins.

===================================================================

new bike 004.jpg

All pretty standard mods. You'll find lots of info about them here.

I think I've already decided I'm going to ride it this summer, then come winter I'm going to strip it down and have everything not black sent out and powder coated black. Other than that, not sure what I'm going to do. I like the idea of some LEDs. I've heard talk of HID conversions for the headlight as well?

I'm probably going to stay away from chrome. I like how it looks, but I think I'm going to go for an all black theme this time around.

Switchback mod. Colored Led's under fairing. 8k(better seen during day) Hid,unless you do a lot of night driving then 6k. Only really need low beam,unless you find yourself using highs a lot at night or have the extra $$ to do both. Maybe a new Rear set.

Frame plugs to match the Black frame you plan on. Can go black frame covers and only get the swing arm powered. Complete tear down of the bike is a lot of work. Covers will save you time.

Endless mods!

Switchback mod. Colored Led's under fairing. 8k(better seen during day) Hid,unless you do a lot of night driving then 6k. Only really need low beam,unless you find yourself using highs a lot at night or have the extra $$ to do both. Maybe a new Rear set.

Frame plugs to match the Black frame you plan on. Can go black frame covers and only get the swing arm powered. Complete tear down of the bike is a lot of work. Covers will save you time.

Endless mods!
I'm not worried too much about tear down... I have a buddy that's intimately familiar with Busas (has built 2 turbo ones now), and we have a 4-6 month season of no riding :(

The HIDs are a great mod for the GEN I and a good mod for the GEN II. Appearance ; my first mod included grills for the fairings. Postal did mine and they were preformed and painted to match the color in the area. Very good quality. I also put Pazzo shorties on mine but that was more performance than appearance, but they do look good.

There's a tremendous amount of appearance mods for the bike. Have fun :thumbsup:

Back