Just need some ideas

Coopdeville

Registered
I asked under another thred but hadnt got many answers yet. I was ridin last sat and my friend and i did numorus 2nd gear roll ons at around 80 mph and he just ran off from me. I am on an 02 busa and he is on an 07 gixxer. We both wiegh about the same. what do i need 2 do 2 stop this from happenin again without alot of money.

The gearing is different on the two bikes. Second gear on his would be closer to first gear on your Busa, if memory serves correctly.

you are going againist one of the quickest bikes on the planet currently

he's 100 lbs lighter
quicker and geared lower.

I would say you need to gear your bike roughly -1, +2 to compete....and that's IF the riders are actually equal.

Change your sprockets to aluminium.Loose more weight if thats possible.Downsize the front,.upsize the rear but not too much:whistle:

K thanx for the info. I am also thinkn about doin the small air box mod, the pair valve mod, and play n with my pipes a lil but not sure how much i can do with out a pc???

you'll still loose until you either change your sprockets or add more hp to your engine. you can mod the box, the pair, OE exhaust and it's not gonna get you there.

I was already thinkn about the sprocket change but i dont want 2 go up to much in the back cause i like 2 drag race a lil. i went down one on the front on my old busa and it was ok but a lil hard to keep down but i liked it cause it was even ezer 2 ride wheelies when i wanted to. what else besides sprockets will help

you could always give it a little squirt of juice. :devil: Keep everything looking stock and you'll really shock him.

What everyone else said. The gixxer is geared to get to 186 as fast as possible without worrying about ultimate top speed or milage Where-as the busa is geared for top end. They both make about the same hp but the busa makes ALOT more torque to make up for the heavier weight. Gear that busa down like the gixxer and you should walk him no problem.

Back