Need some help

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
I know there are some guys on herre that did have or still have a Honda Blackird. I am workin on a 98 Bird that wont start. A little history: Bike was running fine, then it wouldn't start. Plugs were fouled, changed them out. Bike ran fine for another 200 miles, then wouldn't start. Checked plugs, fouled again and changed again. Now bike wont fire at all. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

yank the carbs...drop the bowls..giv'em a good cleaning out with motorcycle spec spray carb cleaner and then check for sticky floats and that the float hieghts aren't adjusted to high...then re-assy and re-synch.

also...if it's been awhile?..check your air filter...a seriousely blocked, way past due AF can cause this "overly rich condition" as well.

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146938926 -->

also...if it's been awhile?..check your air filter...a seriousely blocked, way past due AF can cause this "overly rich condition" as well.
+1  Try pouring some stuff called "Seafoam" in the gas tank if you don't want to pull the carbs yet. I had a 78 Honda 125 that sat for 8 mths, wouldn't start, gummed up carbs. Poured Seafoam in the tank, kicked it over a couple times, fired right up. It cleaned the carbs out good.

You can pick it up at advance auto

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146940856 -->

Back