Need some help please

gixxer130

Registered
Hey guys how's it going.  I know it's been a while since I have posted on here, but I have a slight problem.  Just to give a lil info on my problem I'll start from what I was doing in the beginning.  I bought a Boz Brother exhaust system.  So I got it put on finally today and started to assemble every thing back, and went ahead and changed my oil.  As soon as I started to put my front fairing on, I noticed there is a little black harness next to the right front turn signal.  I connected the white one on the left side (guessing that it's for the headlight), and connected the speedo.  Come to find out my fuse for the turnsignals is busted.  My horn dash lights or turns don't work.  I have taken my fairings off numerous times and it's frustrating that I had trouble doing it today.  I also installed a power commander (which I doubt has anything to do with my problem).

I guess my main questions are about where the harness is that plugs into the little black plug beside the right front turn signal, and is there anything I might need to check to see why my fuses keep shorting out.

Well I am off to walmart to get some more fuses.  Any help would be great for this frustrated guy thats ready to ride
cool.gif

Remember there is an extra plug on the right hand side for Euro running lights, so it may connect to nothing.

(gixxer130 @ Apr. 22 2007,19:59) Hey guys how's it going.  I know it's been a while since I have posted on here, but I have a slight problem.  Just to give a lil info on my problem I'll start from what I was doing in the beginning.  I bought a Boz Brother exhaust system.  So I got it put on finally today and started to assemble every thing back, and went ahead and changed my oil.  As soon as I started to put my front fairing on, I noticed there is a little black harness next to the right front turn signal.  I connected the white one on the left side (guessing that it's for the headlight), and connected the speedo.  Come to find out my fuse for the turnsignals is busted.  My horn dash lights or turns don't work.  I have taken my fairings off numerous times and it's frustrating that I had trouble doing it today.  I also installed a power commander (which I doubt has anything to do with my problem).

I guess my main questions are about where the harness is that plugs into the little black plug beside the right front turn signal, and is there anything I might need to check to see why my fuses keep shorting out.

Well I am off to walmart to get some more fuses.  Any help would be great for this frustrated guy thats ready to ride
cool.gif
A little black plug with two wires...not used on a US bike
wink.gif

Yep, what BigBS and BA said... looks like something should go there, but US bikes don't have the switch harness for the light controls that European models do... Might be your problem causing the fuses to pop...

Thanks guys for some input... I dont really think it is much but I was just getting frustrated so I had to leave it alone. Luckily I have the day off so I can go work on it again. Again thanks for the input

Scott

Well just to give you guys an update. I bought some fuses and tried two and they blew as soon as i turned on the ignition. So I went ahead and put the nose on and rode just on some back roads. Well I got back and was worried I was going to have to take it to the dealership because I'm not to good with electrical, but I decided to try one more fuse and all of a sudden it worked just perfect. So I dont know what the deal could have been but she's ready to ride now. Thanks again for all your comments. I gotta go ride now.

Oh yeah I'll try and get some pics of my new pipe on here for your viewing pleasure.

biggrin.gif

Electrical problems don't just heal themselves. You will likely see this gremlin raise it's head again.

Back