Need Pictures of Touring Busa's

Just got done with 1070 miles last weekend on my trusty steed.. I kinda want Corbin Beetle Bags.. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine all dressed up for distance.

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

I was heading out for a 3 day trip to the western side of Virginia so I could complete a passport ride I started in 2009. There were a lot of stops out there so I decided to pack my tent and everything I needed to "bike-camp" and then complete my trip. It was a really good time... although I did decide to find a hotel after the first night... man was I sore after riding a 6 hour day and sleeping on the ground! Never again.... hotels for me!

I was heading out for a 3 day trip to the western side of Virginia so I could complete a passport ride I started in 2009. There were a lot of stops out there so I decided to pack my tent and everything I needed to "bike-camp" and then complete my trip. It was a really good time... although I did decide to find a hotel after the first night... man was I sore after riding a 6 hour day and sleeping on the ground! Never again.... hotels for me!

Yeah that would be me too. I'm prissy like that.

Hi, My wife and I recently attended the Busa Stampede in Reno. Rode from Tucson AZ to Reno, over 1,000 miles in Reno and then home. We also make tours all over AZ and go Tucson to San Diego quite a bit. A little over 33,000 miles so far, bags, seats, JM sound system, GPS, phone and other stuff. Also a Hahn Stage 1 turbo tucked in there. Its the best tour bike ! Heated handgrips are a good idea! We bought speedohealer, carbon fiber pattern mirrors and other cool stuff from the Pashnit website a great place for ideas! We rode Shadows and a Harley before this one...no comparison. The Busa is an awesome touring and racing machine. Last pic is loaded to the max for 2 week trip..wife rode her ZX-14 and I brought the stuff!

Nice bags! Wish I could get the same equipment for my Hayabusa, but unfortunately it seems to be the problem I wouldn't be able to solve in Germany. Scheiße...

Reactions: zul
This 'touring' bike is packed for a 6 day, 2100 mile trip.

All of the maintenance and repair gear is under the hump (tools, compressor, jumber cables, tire plug kit, spare straps, zip ties, multi-meter, fuses, tape, ball-end allen set, vise grips, etc.). There is a lot of room under there.

The 20L dry bag contains all the clothing... only clothing, packed neatly. This is how you get it full and firm. (That's what she said) Pack it neatly. No shoes or other odd shaped stuff.

The tank bag contains running shoes, spare visor, 2 extra sets of gloves, bathroom supplies, chargers and wiring, several packs of ear plugs, maps, pills (Advil, etc.), reading glasses, visor cleaner, camera, rain pants, rain liner (for jacket), and other small odds and ends.

The dry bag is easy on and off, and it expands up or down as I add or subtract stuff during the day (fleece, heated liner, etc).

I get a lot of compliments on this compact and efficient system. The bike remains very streamlined.

It was a really good time... although I did decide to find a hotel after the first night... man was I sore after riding a 6 hour day and sleeping on the ground! Never again.... hotels for me!

Yeah that would be me too. I'm prissy like that.

I packed for camping once, but I discovered that often a camp spot costs almost as much as a flea bag motel... without the convenience of TV, private bath, heater, etc.

Back