Need info on removing ...

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
I'm trying to install the brock clutch and cushion mod but have run into a problem. I can't seem to get the large nut which holds the stock hub (30mm) to break loose. Everytime I try to turn it, it spins freely which in turn spins the rear wheel. I tried placing a bar through the rear wheel to lock it in place but it still fells "cushiony" when I try to turn the nut.

Any pointers?

PS ... I don't have an impact gun.
sad.gif

Some weld a handle on an old clutch plate..... I need to the the same. Impact here.....

(micbusathens @ Jul. 29 2007,17:16) continue with that bar and first gear to gain a more stable feeling an apply more torque with an extention
I remember being told not to try stuff like that with the bike being in gear. That was said on this board when someone suggested doing the same thing but in order to remove the nut which holds the front sprocket.

I'm not sure about this so don't take it as I know what I'm doing ... but are you sure it'll be okay?
rock.gif

A few weeks ago I tried the same mod...an impact will bust it loose, I realize that is not an option...

This is what I would like to offer, I stacked the plates like the directions said and called the tech line to confirm what I had done. I put the stiff springs in with the mod, leaving out some of the kit parts and removing a stock fiber while putting in the cushion kit. When I grabbed the clutch I broke the cover on the sprocket side of the motor. The directions make note of this as a warning. I now have a billet al part, and it works fine. Just a word of warning, if you beef up one thing something else is bound to brake.

When you tighten up the nut in the center of the basket, use a center punch to peen one of the flats...it will help hold the nut in place.

Hope some of this helps.

(RYC1966 @ Jul. 29 2007,20:00) A few weeks ago I tried the same mod...an impact will bust it loose, I realize that is not an option...

This is what I would like to offer, I stacked the plates like the directions said and called the tech line to confirm what I had done. I put the stiff springs in with the mod, leaving out some of the kit parts and removing a stock fiber while putting in the cushion kit. When I grabbed the clutch I broke the cover on the sprocket side of the motor. The directions make note of this as a warning. I now have a billet al part, and it works fine. Just a word of warning, if you beef up one thing something else is bound to brake.

When you tighten up the nut in the center of the basket, use a center punch to peen one of the flats...it will help hold the nut in place.

Hope some of this helps.
Thanks for the info. I planned to install it with the stock spings until I get a brace for that cover. It's already on it way.
wink.gif

Back