Need Help

mdelaven

Registered
This is one great board. Now for some help. I have a friend with a 05 busa 69xx miles. The problem is this We put bike on rear stand ran bike in 1st and second gear low speed chain slapping and clanking noise on right side around the clutch area, also I can feel the clanking. We checked all the clutch plates they look good no wear. Checked chain, front sprocket and rear. At higher gears and speeds you can't hear it or feel it through the frame. We are thinking it is in the transmission but not sure. Any body have any suggestions?

My bike seems to need the revs up a little when I run it with the rear wheel off the ground.
If your chain is slapping it is too loose, and when mine is like that it half stalls and then catches itself, and then does it again, and seems like it needs to have those revs a little higher, to keep momentum up.
You might try to run it slow with the wheel on the ground and see if the noise is still there.
Like I said, mine sounds terrible with the wheel off the ground, but on the road it sounds great?

I have been reading all weekend and come up with that too. Tried that on the ground was still their but read where if it is extended chain needs to be tighter the stock swing arm so I am going to tighten more monday.
Thanks for all the help

Back