Need help......

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
My Busa is deathly ill.....
Went to go for a ride today and couldn't start the monster. The gauges all come on, the motor turns over but nothing beyond that. There is a heavy smell of fuel coming from the bike almost like its flooded. Suggestions...? I tried to get a code from the ECU but it read coo. No blinking FI light. I'm at a loss for words. Its suppose to be 78 degrees on Friday and I can't go ride.

Ks

I'm tearing the rest of the bike apart on Sunday... Just thought I'd get some suggestions on where to start. It appears to have spark, it has fired up but almost immediately dies (then you get the heavy fuel smell). I have to let it sit for a while and then it'll do this all over again.
sad.gif

hmmm.....sounds like it may be an engine vacuum problem? Perhaps the vac system is not working properly, allowing fuel to come in, but then not sustaining the vacuum needed to keep her running. Could this be a possiblity?

You get the spark, it turns, almost starts, but dies, and heavy smell of fuel. Everything points to fuel. I would guess there is a fuel leak somewhere.

I would guess that when fuel pump creates pressure, due to the leak somewhere the pressure is not enough for fuel injectors to supply enough fuel. So, it starts and then dies right away.

I would focus efforts on determining where the fuel shoots when you try to start the bike. Could be as simple as loose/cracked fuel hose.

Had similar problem in a car. All it took was to tighten the fuel hose clamp.

Also, computer does not monitor fuel pressure as far as I know. That is why ECU does not give you any code.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079576241 -->

KS check your alarm system. That may be the problem. disconnect it and see if it starts

i was thinnking fouled pluges but from what i read i dont think so
i dun know
good luck

Good luck! Let us know what you find. I'm in total agreement with IG. Sounds like a fuel related problem.

Brian

Back