Need help!!!! Busa is DEAD!

Sirhiss

Registered
Sirhiss: I have a 2000 Busa that went dead in the parking lot at St Armands Circle (Sarasota, FL). The "FI" was joyously blinking away at the same time which is a good indicator that it's in the fuel injection system. I'm currently scheduled to have it placed on the FI Analizer this coming Friday. My questions are: 1) does anyone know what would be the normal cause(?); 2) if so, does anyone have any idea what the cost to repair same is?: and 3) yes, I'll have the "codes" this Friday. If anyone has any spare parts they are looking to unload and has any info regarding the above give me a shout. Mucho thax

2000 busa? Probably a fuel delivery issue.

Learn to pull the codes and save yourself a lot of time.

Get a paper clip and pull the codes. Let us know what comes up.

+1 its easy to do and will give you some idea what to look for. It may be something as simple as a dirty or loose connection. Do you have anything like a power commander or a TRE on your busa?

We have an "OBD-2" reader at our shop but does anyone out there know what code reader you need to download the codes?

No Power Commander or TRE and am trying to download the codes but don't know what is needed to do that. We have an "OBD-2" code reader but am not sure it will work. Any suggestions? We don't mind buying the needed equipment but must know what to purchase. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Any suggestions on how to pull the codes or learn how to pull the codes (books, video's or personal knowledge?????). Will thank you in advance for your advice.

Flash! Was just informed (3/22/12) the Yoshimura makes an aftermarket downloader for the Busa. Does anyone out there have any info on this part? Thanx guys!

I don't remember where the connector is but you can pull the codes by jumping wires and the FI light will flash a code. Someone should chime in soon with the solution for you

OBD is for cars only. You dont need any machine or tool to check the codes. Look at post #12 of this link and you will see a picture of the conector that you need to pump.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/146794-busa-cutting-off-f1-light-flashing.html

Once you jump the wires the F1 light will flash. Write down the pattern of flashes and we can look it up and let you know what the issue is.

You will also see the error code displayed where the clock normally is.

We have an "OBD-2" reader at our shop but does anyone out there know what code reader you need to download the codes?
It's simple you short the plug per the service manual or any of many threads with pix here and the codes display on the bike. The codes are listed in the same service manual.

Back