ECU Editor Info?

hayabusapower

Registered
Last year I installed a Bazzaz quick shift. Because of my QS I keep on getting my FI light going on and giving me a faulty ignition coil code.

With the ECU editor is there a way to remove that faulty ignition coil code when using my QS so I don't get that annoying FI light and I can finally see the time on my clock lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You can clear the codes with ecu editor, but given that you say the quickshift is the problem, the code will just come right back.

sixpack577 said:
You can clear the codes with ecu editor, but given that you say the quickshift is the problem, the code will just come right back.

Anyway to remove that code completely from the ECU or the EUC editor is more for tuning.

Anyway to remove that code completely from the ECU or the EUC editor is more for tuning.

Not that I know of.
Also, as far as I know it's not that simple either. As you have a properly functioning bike that's letting you know something isn't correct. That function itself would have to beremoved. More trouble than it would be worth if it were possible.
Not to be sarcastic, but you're really better off to fix electrical issues correctly asap. They tend to multiply quickly.:beerchug:

It is not an electrical issue. It happens with air shifters too. It has to do with the coils being grounded momentarily. You could always get the ECU editor and use it for the engine kill, mine does not turn the FI light on.

Ludicrous Speed said:
It is not an electrical issue. It happens with air shifters too. It has to do with the coils being grounded momentarily. You could always get the ECU editor and use it for the engine kill, mine does not turn the FI light on.

Yes you are right this happen with air shifters or a quick shift, in the ECU editor where do I find this feature to remove the FI light?

If you use the ECU editor, it will not set the light off in the first place.

There is no way to clear it, it is not setting a code, and has no effect on how the bike runs. It is just annoying. Flip the kill switch off for a second, and then back on as you are riding, it will clear it

Ludicrous Speed said:
If you use the ECU editor, it will not set the light off in the first place.

There is no way to clear it, it is not setting a code, and has no effect on how the bike runs. It is just annoying. Flip the kill switch off for a second, and then back on as you are riding, it will clear it

Thanks for the info!

Back